Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hornchurch expectations

urchinman1961

Originally Posted By: Nutchutney
A few years ago we were getting regular crowds between 500 - 800. Now we average somewhere around half that number and much of that is down to people prioritising their household bills and mortgages over watching football.
I think we represent good value for money for those who enjoy watching football live rather than just on TV. Our last home game attracted 3000 people and yet, last night we got less than 250.
These people are happy to turn out for the glory game against Peterborough but retreat to the comfort of Sky Sports and Setanta when the club needs them most.
I echo the sentiments of those on this thread who feel that we could cope with the football pressures of the BS South but the increased overheads on our current crowd levels may be too much for the club to bear.
If we increased the ticket cost to

Originally Posted By: urchinman1961
yep i would wanna stay in the prem then and make our dosh in the fa cup,but to be honest who knows the fate of grays and thurrock seem to be holdin there owncool

Thurrock are bottom half atm also cant see stortford staying in the relegation zone for long and I can see thurrock comming down

Originally Posted By: urchinman1961
i've harped on about our fanbase for a few season's now nuffin's gonna change i now accept that, the only consolation is that near enuff every club up n down the country are affected

I think im starting to accept that now

on behalf of raver

'With professional football prices at an all time high, now is the time for non-league clubs to strike. People are getting tired of the attitudes of the players, the ignorance of the clubs and the atmosphere in grounds.

We can make a loud noise and make people look over here, an alternative. Let's see, a family friendly environment(except the Eastside), affordable, no badge kissing, players who care only about playing and who the public can relate to.

FA Cup runs will give us exposure but will never provide us with a solid backbone of support. We need to get the non-league message over to people rather than the FA Cup one.

The club should target youngsters as they are the future. With Christmas School fete's coming up, could stalls be considered? We could promote the above points and more.'

Champions League winners in 7 years time.

Beat Real Madrid in the Final at Wembley,

after beating Arsenal in the Semi Final (Sorry Gooner)

District lines trains to stop at Upminster Bridge.

We buy Upminster site off London Underground to build 70,000 seater stadium with enough space for the East Side to stand.

01/02 64

02/03 376

03/04 495

04/05 610

05/06 424

06/07 456

07/08 475

08/09 335 to date

the gates always increase after xmas and I would predict around 400 plus for this season, if I recall, this time last season we were standing at around 350ish which increased quickly after xmas as we pushed into the play off places...

the other concern is that premiership and championship attendances are NOT down but are running at record figures..

I think we shall see an increased attendance at our next saturday home game related to the cup tie two weeks ago...lets hope so...smile

I'll be down for the Sutton game and I hope we see an upturn. I think to expect people to turn out on a dark midweek night when they aren't regular fans is a little optimistic!

Season tickets are a good thing, I would encourage people who don't have one to get one if they can afford to. You'll save in the long run and it gives the cash upfront to the club. People talk about FA Cup runs and of course, we loved the games, but I can tell you, having spent time with Jen in the run-up to the Posh match, I was amazed at the amount of money that had to be paid out. Absolutely amazed. It costs a fortune to host these big matches and small clubs like ours are lucky to break even when it's all finished.

What we need is what people on here have been talking about - an increase in regular home attendance, throughout the season.

Well, we want it, that's for sure. People living in Upminster are lucky, quite frankly. I've been to see my local team (Lancaster City, Unibond Div 1) a couple of times this season, when I've not been able to get down to Essex. If you look at the facilities there and compare them with what we have at Bridge Avenue ... what a difference. It's a world apart.

And Lancaster is a reasonably big city compared to Upminster/Hornchurch.