Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's going on ?

OldTowner

Just read SM's comments regarding the very poor performance against 10 man Thamesmead.

Surprisingly !

Thamesmead made it difficult for us and played 10 men behind the ball after they had their keeper sent off.

NO - surely not.

My recolection is that Thamesmead still attacked on a regular basis, even with 10 players and a centre back in goal.

SM also states that we had to "go wide". Trouble was that we could not deliver !!

SM, states that he was excited HAPPY excited to get a point !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy with a point ? elephant

All beyond me, but just about sums it up.

Oh well only another 2.5 years for his "Plan" to come together.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
ANOTHER DEFEAT. ( 1 - 4 v Billericay )
Another "non event" from our Management Team.
Another game when our Youth Forward stays warming up the bench when we need a striker on the pitch.

Does SM know what he is doing ?

Will it all be sorted with 3 points at Ilford ?

Something needs to Change - NOW.

Town support tonight - my guess - less than 20.

What's going on ??????????

As many as that? The gate prices were a disincentive though!

How many Directors there then? Martin Cantrell can walk to the ground and the kit boy will have been there but did any of the important inner programme folders club turn up?

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
ANOTHER DEFEAT. ( 1 - 4 v Billericay )
Another "non event" from our Management Team.
Another game when our Youth Forward stays warming up the bench when we need a striker on the pitch.

Does SM know what he is doing ?

Will it all be sorted with 3 points at Ilford ?

Something needs to Change - NOW.

Town support tonight - my guess - less than 20.

What's going on ??????????

As many as that? The gate prices were a disincentive though!

How many Directors there then? Martin Cantrell can walk to the ground and the kit boy will have been there but did any of the important inner programme folders club turn up?

Abu Dhabi-Our board members are very hard working volunteers who do enough miles to warrant very impressive nectar points. If some of them gave this a miss cos of it being a league cup match and in Billericay on a Tuesday night in wintry conditions etc etc then I can fully understand that.

Lets not mock those who serve us voluntarily and give us a club as it is today with a stadium in the future to look forward too.

But with current form and performances it is understandable, i'm sure some of the board members were present and represented us as a club respectably. A realism check needed here I think.

Greeting OT

is there a correlation between the drop in crowds and the increase in player registrations.

perhaps the crowd is now fast being registered as players.

not so good seeing your lot struggle though -

but the situation wont change until you find someone else to pay the players wages.

where is JC now? he did an excellent job.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

Abu Dhabi-Our board members are very hard working volunteers who do enough miles to warrant very impressive nectar points. If some of them gave this a miss cos of it being a league cup match and in Billericay on a Tuesday night in wintry conditions etc etc then I can fully understand that.

Lets not mock those who serve us voluntarily and give us a club as it is today with a stadium in the future to look forward too.

But with current form and performances it is understandable, i'm sure some of the board members were present and represented us as a club respectably. A realism check needed here I think.
New Stadium !!! Your Aving a Larf Mate Its an athletics track,Its you that needs a realism check, Still no answer as to how its going to be paid for ,I still think wer'e better off where we are = cheap running costs at Brimmo A lot more overheads at QE . Abu Dhabi is right they are a bunch of programe folderupers . Come to think of it Southport Phil was right too.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner

New Stadium !!! Your Aving a Larf Mate Its an athletics track,Its you that needs a realism check, Still no answer as to how its going to be paid for ,I still think wer'e better off where we are = cheap running costs at Brimmo A lot more overheads at QE . Abu Dhabi is right they are a bunch of programe folderupers . Come to think of it Southport Phil was right too.

OOT- Who cares how the track is gonna be paid for, we aint gonna use it are we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we will have is our own home, our totally own income stream, a centrally located position and positive prospects, that my friend is realistic and facts.

From what I understand is the council are subbing the maintenance of the track, good luck to them, i'm more interested in the footy pitch.

We would remain at the level we are for the forseeable future should we remain at brimmo as the geographical position has a negative impact on development.

Where did I mention that we would be paying for the upkeep of the track then ? Its the other stuff like transporting stands ,Hard Standing area's and all the other bits and bobs to do with the football side of things that I'm on about ,Sod the track . So do you really think that a move there would be that beneficial because I dont see it. Dont forget we'll have english heritage looking over our shoulders every time we want to improve things and not to mention Mrs O'wotsits and her merry band . The press give us a generous amount of coverage and yet our numbers continue to drop yes/No ? I just dont see that looking across 8 lanes of track is going to bring more in either . The harsh reality my blinkered friend is that success brings people in .Of course we'll get 400+ for a few games but once the novelty of the move is done and dusted the same old faces will be left . Another thing that I find Irritating about you is that you continue to make excuses such as Stevenson not playing recently as well as 3/4 others ? Dont you think a club of our size should be able to cope with absent players now and then ? I look forward to your next defence of a bad string of results ,After today we have 3 very tricky games I can see only one point gained on those three .

Club of our size?????? cope with 3/4 absentees?????? of course its gonna effect us. Liverpool struggle when Gerrard and Torres are missing and they are one of the richest in the world. Our little club can ill afford to be missing 3/4 key players.

It'll be 6 lanes by the way so another exageration by you.

You will need to ask someone from the board with regards to the plans of terracing and costs etc. But hey, so what if the new place is as basic as it can be to start off with, with a gradual development season by season. However hearing Mr Chaimans info, we'll be kicking off with at least a Conference South standard stadium, I believe him, he knows more than you and me of whats going on, so soory to irritate you again, but i'm fully looking forward to the initial 400+ folks attending and us watching our team our very own home with my blinkers on or without..

What we will have is our own home, our totally own income stream, a centrally located position and positive prospects.......

.....and a view across six lanes! Ilford, Hornchurch, the old Harlow ground, attractive thought isnt it?

but i'm fully looking forward to the initial 400+ folks attending and us watching our team our very own home with my blinkers on or without..

Is the first game against a Spurs 11 then?

Originally Posted By: Gazza
.....and a view across six lanes! Ilford, Hornchurch, the old Harlow ground, attractive thought isnt it?

Gaz mate, come to a few meetings and you'd know that wasn't the case! gotcha

exageration by you.

You will need to ask someone from the board with regards to the plans of terracing and costs etc. But hey, so what if the new place is as basic as it can be to start off with, with a gradual development season by season. However hearing Mr Chaimans info, we'll be kicking off with at least a Conference South standard stadium, I believe him, he knows more than you and me of whats going on.

I'd rather like to be informed. In fact I expect to be informed.