Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's going on ?

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Originally Posted By: Gazza
.....and a view across six lanes! Ilford, Hornchurch, the old Harlow ground, attractive thought isnt it?

Gaz mate, come to a few meetings and you'd know that wasn't the case! gotcha

Huh? what you mean ILford & Hornchurch dont have running tracks now? evil

Would love too go FJ but Im not a member, just a lowly supporter! gotcha

Surely it's reasonable to expect that members of a members owned club will be privy to more information about the club than non-members - I don't think there's anything untoward / unusual about that, is there? Having said that, I'm certainly not saying that I begrudge people deciding not to take out membership - it's entirely their choice either way.

Originally Posted By: Barney
Surely it's reasonable to expect that members of a members owned club will be privy to more information about the club than non-members - I don't think there's anything untoward / unusual about that, is there?....

No there is not Barney, I agree 100% with you.

I was merely pointing out to FJ that I could not attend the meetings he suggested I should as Im a non member, but I think the old fox was having a bit of banter with moi!

However I am intrigued to know when information concerning the new stadium will be made available to the average supporter & indeed the general public.

So at half time we can race to the other end round the track! happybouncer

But you will still be 6 lanes plus a bit more away from the action on the 18 yard line then Steph?

Not sure you should be telling non-members all this confidential information though! evil

i can;t understand the negativity. talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. look at the plans, they look good. to stay at Brimmo would haveb been a slow painful death for the club. we need to sort out the playign side, and that starts with promotion next season. the new ground is a massive step in the right direction, and considering the current economic climate is a fantastic opportunity.

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
i can;t understand the negativity. talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. look at the plans, they look good. to stay at Brimmo would haveb been a slow painful death for the club. we need to sort out the playign side, and that starts with promotion next season. the new ground is a massive step in the right direction, and considering the current economic climate is a fantastic opportunity.

Agreed.
We all need to be positive about the draft proposals and plan in the knowledge that the Board Members are working for the long term good and future of OUR Club.
We have to look longer term than just a few years - who knows what will happen with the running track in several years time.
As for "when do we get info" - well there was a meeting on Friday last week and all info is on the "public web-site" - seems good to me.

Now, back to the Thread -
When will we get the Team Management sorted ?
3 points and a win over a very poor Ilford does nothing to change my views on this.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Club of our size?????? cope with 3/4 absentees?????? of course its gonna effect us. Liverpool struggle when Gerrard and Torres are missing and they are one of the richest in the world. Our little club can ill afford to be missing 3/4 key players.

It'll be 6 lanes by the way so another exageration by you.

You will need to ask someone from the board with regards to the plans of terracing and costs etc. But hey, so what if the new place is as basic as it can be to start off with, with a gradual development season by season. However hearing Mr Chaimans info, we'll be kicking off with at least a Conference South standard stadium, I believe him, he knows more than you and me of whats going on, so soory to irritate you again, but i'm fully looking forward to the initial 400+ folks attending and us watching our team our very own home with my blinkers on or without..

AHhummm Gerrard & Torres ? Whats that got to do with us We aint Liverpool!! Just take a look at the other teams in this league and the dross thats in it Dont you think we should be better than this standard? OK you have me on the 8 to 6 lanes but whooooo 4foot of track gained brings us alot closer to the action Big Deal . As far as the board are concerned they only tell you what they want you to know anyway whether your a member or not . Conference South stadium ? I think not or at least not for a few years . I congratulate you on harping up the clubs profile, perhaps you could be the P R officer I'll bet the Inner circle would roll out the red carpet for you E U Just think you could be chief excuse maker when we lose against crap opposition . Just because we have a Stadium or be it shared with athletics clubs doesnt mean we'll be in the conference . How many clubs do you see with their own grounds and struggling ......Alot more than there should be and some alot bigger than us.

Originally Posted By: Badger
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
one concern I do have is the bar area. It is upstairs. Will the council be putting in a lift for wheelchair users?

Good point. As it's a listed building it might be exempt from the laws regarding disabled access.

It looks pretty difficult to achieve to me. There's no obvious 'reasonable adjustment'. Hopefully there would be a bar at ground level before too long. The use of the upstairs area alone doesn't seem totally compatable with the needs of a 200+ crowd to me. Perhaps some kind of portakabin solution, as at East Thurrock, ahead of a permanant structure on the site of the old athletics club building in the short term?

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Club of our size?????? cope with 3/4 absentees?????? of course its gonna effect us. Liverpool struggle when Gerrard and Torres are missing and they are one of the richest in the world. Our little club can ill afford to be missing 3/4 key players.

It'll be 6 lanes by the way so another exageration by you.

You will need to ask someone from the board with regards to the plans of terracing and costs etc. But hey, so what if the new place is as basic as it can be to start off with, with a gradual development season by season. However hearing Mr Chaimans info, we'll be kicking off with at least a Conference South standard stadium, I believe him, he knows more than you and me of whats going on, so soory to irritate you again, but i'm fully looking forward to the initial 400+ folks attending and us watching our team our very own home with my blinkers on or without..

AHhummm Gerrard & Torres ? Whats that got to do with us We aint Liverpool!! Just take a look at the other teams in this league and the dross thats in it Dont you think we should be better than this standard? OK you have me on the 8 to 6 lanes but whooooo 4foot of track gained brings us alot closer to the action Big Deal . As far as the board are concerned they only tell you what they want you to know anyway whether your a member or not . Conference South stadium ? I think not or at least not for a few years . I congratulate you on harping up the clubs profile, perhaps you could be the P R officer I'll bet the Inner circle would roll out the red carpet for you E U Just think you could be chief excuse maker when we lose against crap opposition . Just because we have a Stadium or be it shared with athletics clubs doesnt mean we'll be in the conference . How many clubs do you see with their own grounds and struggling ......Alot more than there should be and some alot bigger than us.

you really are a complete [****!!****]!!

Well done to the board for taking most of the concerns of the fans into account in their plans, and for the hard work they have put in securing the QE,plus their continued work in the aim of making it a viable home for the club.

Ok,none of us wanted a running track,but the fact remains that with the politcal situation as it is,we would have failed in our bid to secure the site solely as a football stadium.So the board needed to compromise in order to secure the site for our club..And maybe there is a small bonus in sharing facilites with the council..ie.they can share the long term costs of repair and maintanance.

So in summary,not an ideal situation,but if the proposals to bring the track nearer the stand are accepted.If the track is changed to six lanes and if the stands behind the goals are placed inside the track.etc..then the result will be far preferable to a long term future at Goldsdown Road.

On that note..The plans mention nothing about taking the seats with us to the QE.Only the standing terracing..I suppose this will make Brimsdowns more viable to lease out to a third party club,and thus bring in valubale revenue for both us and Brimsdown SSC.But those who payed for their name to go on the seats won't be too happy..Can the name plaques be transfered to the QE? Also i trust the seats will be blue in the QE's mainstand when finished? Rather than the current red colour scheme??