Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What Is It?....

Matt H

...That has turned this team on it's head the past six games?

Does the absence of Patten, Dobbo and Antoine really affect the balance of the team?

Is it that the 4-5-1 formation just doesn't do it for us?

Are we lacking the killer instinct in front of goal to take a shot more than ten yards from goal?

Have we found our level and now the league is half-way through and starting to level out, we are exactly where we deserve to be?

Answers on a postcard addressed to John Batch, cause I'm sure he'd love to know himself.

For what it's worth, personally I think it's the formation. You put in the best players for each position, you don't adapt the formation to fit in your favourite players. However, yes we do really need Dobbo, Patten and Antoine back fast.

Theres no doubt about it were a stronger side with dobbo patten and antoine in it for sure.However we should still be able to get results without them,the starting 11 is allways strong.As for the formation most of our decent results this season have come with the 4-5-1 formation,but it may be time for a change??

It would be great to know how long dobbo patten and antoine are out for?? I know antoine dislocated his shoulder but what injurys do dobbo and patten have?? Didnt patten come on as a sub against grays in essex senior cup??

We badly seem to be missing Dobbo. He gives us some steel in the midfield and composure on the ball.

I think Matt has summed it up. We are missing 1 key player in three areas of the pitch, almost like the spine of the side has been removed. When Dobbo, Patten, and Antoine return, I think that this will mark an improvement in our form.

From what i understand Dobbo should be fit early Jan, Ben Patten has a hamstring problem which are always tricky ones to recover from, you need to be 100 % right to come back with a hammy otherwise you risk longer term problems..

Antoine has a dislocated shoulder so he probably wont be avalible until Feb..

Dobbo for me is the key player we are missing although Patten and Antoine are big players for us..

To be honest i think Ryan Oliva has played really well at centre half over the last 2 games.. Although i am concerned about the amount of goals we are giving away.

Still im more then happy with our mid season position. Its a huge step up from Ryman North to Premier so we can be proud of what John and the players have achieved so far..

Happy New Year to you all!

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
From what i understand Dobbo should be fit early Jan, Ben Patten has a hamstring problem which are always tricky ones to recover from, you need to be 100 % right to come back with a hammy otherwise you risk longer term problems..

Dobbo for me is the key player we are missing although Patten and Antoine are big players for us..

To be honest i think Ryan Oliva has played really well at centre half over the last 2 games.. Although i am concerned about the amount of goals we are giving away.

Still im more then happy with our mid season position. Its a huge step up from Ryman North to Premier so we can be proud of what John and the players have achieved so far..

applause
Well said shedboy, at the start of the season, all I heard people say was that 'as long as we are 4th from bottom that will do for me', we have punched far above our weight, yet people still aren't happy, there is just no pleasing some people. This is when the club needs our support, when the chips are down, lets get behind Batchy and his team and really show them what WE are made of. Its all well and good supporting the team when they are winning, now its time for the MIGHTY YELLOW ARMY to stand together and really get behind the team and be the famous 12th player.

Happy New to everyone, hope you all have a great night.

Originally Posted By: The Gaffer from the Rock
Originally Posted By: ShedBoy

applause
Well said shedboy, at the start of the season, all I heard people say was that 'as long as we are 4th from bottom that will do for me', we have punched far above our weight, yet people still aren't happy, there is just no pleasing some people. This is when the club needs our support, when the chips are down, lets get behind Batchy and his team and really show them what WE are made of. Its all well and good supporting the team when they are winning, now its time for the MIGHTY YELLOW ARMY to stand together and really get behind the team and be the famous 12th player.

Happy New to everyone, hope you all have a great night.

Key for the rest of the season is for all fans to support the players , Manager and Club Officials so that we continue to progress and be the envy of other clubs in the area. As CIFC we have a decent fanbase and a club that is run by a very hardworking , open, realistic and approachable board of Directors which in my eyes has done wonders for supporters of club in recent years.

2009 should be a year in which we continue to show the area how important and community focussed the club is to the people of Canvey and the surrounding areas..

I agree with most of the comments posted here. Just staying up was always going to be the priority this year after all the hard work it took to get promoted. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league, and I think our early good form has raised expectations too high. We were always going to hit a bad patch given the budget and strength in depth of the sqaud. Too many players who could not hold down reguelar places in the Ryman North are still in the squad now and I feel need to move on. As for Dobbo, we have missed him and need him fit for an extended period of time. It has been apparent this year from the excellent performances of Crow and tarks that experience and quality is vital at this level and without these players the team would struggle.