Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dearie me..time I had a word...

Uncle Urchin

in defence of the "ra ra ra" chants. it is intended as ironic, although admittedly can sometimes come across as moronic.

everyone gets annoyed when we're not caning teams 3-0 home and away, but that could be because in recent years we have been spoilt with the esl treble and then utterly dominating the ryman one north. last season had a shaky start but we still made the play-offs.

voicing a negative opinion is fine, e.g. "argh, ffs!" after a poorly defended set piece concedes a goal and then posting about it on here. but there's a difference between that and an overreaction and lashing out at all and sundry and forming conspiracy theories. there's also a difference between slating everything and everyone and then posting the opposite on here, but now is probably not the time for that one.

ftr i don't buy into the whole "players not trying" thing. without wanting to resort to cliches but doing it anyway, at the end of the day the lads want to win. if they didn't then they wouldn't be playing football.

imo, we're at our natural level in the ryman prem and therefore will win games and lose games. we can't lose the bigger picture that as a club, we were totally on our knees and are now the envy of many other teams, especially bitter romford smile

see you all on saturday.

"we're at our natural level in the ryman prem and therefore will win games and lose games. we can't lose the bigger picture that as a club, we were totally on our knees and are now the envy of many other teams"

Well said!!You should be pleased of what achieved in the last 3 seasons and pleased of what you have got at the moment.A crowd of 400-500 is a Ryman Premier one so here we go and Conf South might come with a bit more effort from those loyal fans.Be happy to be a successful club.

ro say players are not trying and players not giving 100% are two different things.I have seen players blatently not trying before but these are usually pushed out of the club very quickly especially since colin has been here and rightly so.I do believe that every player should give 100% but certain games this does not happen,and it is probably the same at every club.

I think dean greene is one who has had a kick up the ar$e a few months ago and he seems a much better player for it and seems to try his hardest at all times,he has his off days but always seems to try his hardest,this couldn't always be said about him before the tooting away game.

why dont all true urchin fans turn up saturday support the club more bums on seats the more chance of us getting through this tight time we can only go forward with your support (this is me speaking now.. your face is needed at the club for the players to see suport from the terraces, make no bones about it we need your money to but people are to scared to ask as if a taboo subject all football clubs need support from voulanteers, and money, and this saturday is a good place to start. lets show other clubs we we can kick [****!!****] without the big budget new players will come ) its never to late if we belive.

over the last three years i have got to know many of you ,pitch side before games and in the bar and we all share a passion for our club. footballto many seems black and white win we are great lose we are crap ,circumstances and reasons will play a role .at present we are struggling for numbers which i am trying hard to change ,no one was more hurt than me at harlow i dont except people did not try tommo and elliot were both below par but one thing you could not throw at them is a lack of effort they have been superb,we are 5 points of a playoff place with game in hand if we stick together we can get there. today i have been buying food and drink for a function at the club new years eve which is being attended by no more than 10 supporters we had another do in november where 7 came along i know money is tight but had same response to a quiz which was a fiver these functions are aiding our budget so any support will help. we hve all to play for still this year starting this saturday, a happy healthy new year to you all

thing is there is a hardcore 200 who will watch week in week out and thats it, the rest will look out for results and see where we are in the league, so tryin to rely financaly on the hardcore is gonna be a tuff nut to crackfrown

i know what you are saying gaffer,the last do we had at the club was dissapointing in regards of numbers of fans that turned up,i think new years eve is different as it is one traditionally,like xmas that is spent with families and friends.This year i am at a mates party as i don't really see enough of them over the year as they like to go out saturdays and i like to watch hornchurch and usually stay around the club after the games as do many others.I have missed a few games recently but this has not so much been out of choice to miss the games but to spend some time with my sister who has not been to well,but is on the mend now.Also i have had a few changes in my personal life which meant i have had to calm down a bit,and think about others rather than footy.but i will be back saturday and the rest of the season although some games will be out of my reach,ie maidstone away on a cold tuesday night.BIG UP HORNCHURCH!!!

I know with things like quix night that i could get a few numbers down for such events,i am sure others could do the same,but these event swill need to be publicised in advance and maybe weeks in advance in the matchday programme or maybe the odd message board around the ground.I still think that a supporters club could attend to these ideas and the running of such things,what do people think????

i kno where my heart is,& i can't wait 2 come back thro it only 4 a week but next year the vioce will b back on the eastside. as 4 footy v birds, footy win's hands down

sorry but i've got 2 ave my saturday fix

Originally Posted By: urchinman1961
it's a tuff choice chicks or footie it's plagued me all my life rob think there is a happy medium now just hav'nt told the missus about goin to madrid yetcool

Oh how I wish it was that simple. I'd love to have been at every game over the last couple of seasons, but it doesn't mean I care any less for not being there.

Two bouts of the big C(in the family) and having to work like a dog (just to keep my job) have been tough ones to to just drop for footie. What with another house move and a load of decorating the priorities have changed some what...

2009 will bring the credit crunch to just about everyone, you just wait and see.... and to be honest a day watching Hornchurch ain't actually that expensive, so I hope, like most of you probably do too, that I will be attending a few more matches for the run in.

As for fundraisers and quiz nights, these really do need to be advertised as I know there are many fans that don't get the chance to view the forums as regularly as others and I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested.

Communication is key people. smile

Happy new year people and up the Urchins.

I was going to make the Capital League game tonight which was unfortunately cancelled, but I am coming to the New Year's Eve do tomorrow. I think when you follow a small club, that means supporting both at games and at social events, if you are in a position to do so. We are lucky to have such a great set-up. COME ON URCHINS!!