Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dearie me..time I had a word...

Uncle Urchin

i think westy hit the nail on the head.Communication.I remember the last cabaret night at the club,cracking night and well attended but not by too many fans as the gaffer said.But in all honesty,i only found out about the event from alice(who i had split up with at the time)who was told by lauren,whenever i spoke to anyone on the eastside about it they didn't have a clue it was on.The majority of fans will only find out about such events through the programme or posters,leaflets around the ground.

I have seen posters for this new years eve party around the ground the last couple of times i have been at the ground but lets not forget that many people sort out their new years eve a couple of months before and many do the same thing every year with friends and family.

I think sometimes we forget that only 20/30 fans actually use the forum on a regular basis,for those fans there are another 2-300 who never use it or very sporadically

Took me 15 minutes to read this thread. Agree with virtually everything said.

I lot of people work very hard for this club, voluntarily.

So it's not always about performances on the pitch.

Harlow was crap, but lets move on to the next game, then away Colchester.

This season ain't over by a long way so we should be backing the team.

I'm just so grateful to all the individuals concerned that i have a local team to support.

As for New Year party. I'm the beer from 12 so wouldn't want to turn up drunk.

During the last 2 1/2 years ive supported hornchurch ive enjoyed every single minute of it , but for attendaces we need to advertise more like when I go Canvey to see my aunt at nearly every super market and down some roads have advertisement for Canvey's next home game , could we do this and in the parades like the torchlight carnival we could have urchin teddy walking in it and giving home fixtures lists out to people watching it and have a bucket for donations into the club , anyway thats my opinion

Urchin Youth ( jordan )

Getting the Urchins' profile raised within the local community is a great idea but not an easy one.

I received a fixture list through the door at the start of the season and thought it was a smart move. Sadly the good burghers of Upminster and Cranham saw differently.

3000 people snapped up tickets when Peterborough came down and promptly packed their Urchins scarves away after the final whistle until the next time a big name fetches up at the Bridge.

Ware (sorry, Harlow) did a price cut for their game against us and it didn't seem to have people packing the terraces.

With the credit crunch, I think we will find it difficult to attract back the people who were regulars a few years ago. Even if Unc drove them to the game and paid for them to get in, I think people would still rather sit at home watching re-runs of X Factor.

Originally Posted By: Nutchutney
Getting the Urchins' profile raised within the local community is a great idea but not an easy one.
I received a fixture list through the door at the start of the season and thought it was a smart move. Sadly the good burghers of Upminster and Cranham saw differently.
3000 people snapped up tickets when Peterborough came down and promptly packed their Urchins scarves away after the final whistle until the next time a big name fetches up at the Bridge.
Ware (sorry, Harlow) did a price cut for their game against us and it didn't seem to have people packing the terraces.
With the credit crunch, I think we will find it difficult to attract back the people who were regulars a few years ago. Even if Unc drove them to the game and paid for them to get in, I think people would still rather sit at home watching re-runs of X Factor.

Even if UU supplied them with new windows (for example) they'd still complain.

Some people like moaning - it makes them happy!

Originally Posted By: Darter
PHB, why are you now a regular on our forum? We are not supporting Peterborough, or Hitchin, or Sheffield here ... so what is the attraction? Just curious .....

He was banned from Posh Net for being terminally tedious.

Our gain is your loss.

HTH.

If PHB was ever going on Saturday, the late postponement would have been a fair reward.

Crap for all the Sheffield based fans, though.

Not heard why it was left so late to call it off.