Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

Canvey v Sutton 0 - 0

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
Good game today. Thought we edged it. Top drawer performances from Mel & Dobbo. Shame we didn't get the 3 points.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Played very well today. Jay and Leon Antoine battled well up front and the defence was solid today.

Thought Ben Patten had an excellent game.

Probably just shaded it. Their keeper did well when called upon but we got a bit of luck with their goal that was disallowed in injury time. Think it was just onside.

Much more fighting spirit about the team which was good to see.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
An excellent response to some poor performances of late. Everyone got stuck in and battled hard, and there seemed to be a real determination to show what they can do.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
Yet another example of a visiting 'keeper coming to the lane and having the game of his life. Thought he saved the points for Sutton because we put in some terrific attempts on goal.

Still don't understand what all the theatricals were about in the second half. 'Keeper collides with one of our forwards 20yds out but ref lets play go on. Moments later we have a clear opportunity to pump the ball into an empty net but ref now blows up. I can understand him for stopping the game because the 'keeper is injured (goalkeeper injuries are always treated differently to outfield player injuries, fact of life) but he stops the game, awards us a free-kick and books the 'keeper.

Late decision, indecision or crazy decision?

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
As you say, he had no choice but to stop the game. Reckon he then thought the keeper was making a meal of it and gave a card for simulation, hence free kick where the offence took place. Otherwise it would have been a drop ball where play was stopped.

Good refereeing.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
I thought in general the Referee yesterday was the best I've seen at Park Lane this season.

I wish we had taken some first time shots yesterday. their 'Keeper was a good flapper of the ball, but he didn't catch one cross, opting the always go for the punch. There was always a good chance he would've spilt something.

Was great to see Patten back in the team and do 90 minutes yesterday. Only need Ainsley back and I think we have the full first XI line-up ready to start.

offline gavin

gavin
  • Reserves
I agree the ref was one of the best ive seen on this performance, in the non-league.I thougth the teams performance was very solid but we just lacked that bit of quality in the final third.I would have certainly taken 0.0 before the game as a clean sheet will do the defense/keeper the world of good!!Jay battled well up front and dobbo was superb in midfield as per usual.Tarks was back to his normal self and mel was my man of the match for some crucial saves.Patten was as assured as ever and brings a real composure at the back.Which is incredible because he is by far the youngest and least experienced compared to the rest of the defense including tarkan,crow,mel and mooro.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Thought the ref did well and was one of the better ones we've had at the Lane this season. The Sutton fans don't seem too happy with his performance according to their forum!!

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
I was stood immediatly behind the linesman when he gave the offside and without a doubt he was correct

The ball was played forward and at least one of the Sutton forwards was clearly offside and probably both of them

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I can only echo what was said above about the officials. I reckon that they were the best refereeing team I've seen so far this season. They made some mistakes, but the main thing was that they were consistent with their decisions.

As Yellow Bungle said, the goalkeeper incident was handled really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus