Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v Sutton 0 - 0

Yellow Bungle

Played very well today. Jay and Leon Antoine battled well up front and the defence was solid today.

Thought Ben Patten had an excellent game.

Probably just shaded it. Their keeper did well when called upon but we got a bit of luck with their goal that was disallowed in injury time. Think it was just onside.

Much more fighting spirit about the team which was good to see.

Yet another example of a visiting 'keeper coming to the lane and having the game of his life. Thought he saved the points for Sutton because we put in some terrific attempts on goal.

Still don't understand what all the theatricals were about in the second half. 'Keeper collides with one of our forwards 20yds out but ref lets play go on. Moments later we have a clear opportunity to pump the ball into an empty net but ref now blows up. I can understand him for stopping the game because the 'keeper is injured (goalkeeper injuries are always treated differently to outfield player injuries, fact of life) but he stops the game, awards us a free-kick and books the 'keeper.

Late decision, indecision or crazy decision?

I thought in general the Referee yesterday was the best I've seen at Park Lane this season.

I wish we had taken some first time shots yesterday. their 'Keeper was a good flapper of the ball, but he didn't catch one cross, opting the always go for the punch. There was always a good chance he would've spilt something.

Was great to see Patten back in the team and do 90 minutes yesterday. Only need Ainsley back and I think we have the full first XI line-up ready to start.

I agree the ref was one of the best ive seen on this performance, in the non-league.I thougth the teams performance was very solid but we just lacked that bit of quality in the final third.I would have certainly taken 0.0 before the game as a clean sheet will do the defense/keeper the world of good!!Jay battled well up front and dobbo was superb in midfield as per usual.Tarks was back to his normal self and mel was my man of the match for some crucial saves.Patten was as assured as ever and brings a real composure at the back.Which is incredible because he is by far the youngest and least experienced compared to the rest of the defense including tarkan,crow,mel and mooro.

Thought the ref did well and was one of the better ones we've had at the Lane this season. The Sutton fans don't seem too happy with his performance according to their forum!!

I can only echo what was said above about the officials. I reckon that they were the best refereeing team I've seen so far this season. They made some mistakes, but the main thing was that they were consistent with their decisions.

As Yellow Bungle said, the goalkeeper incident was handled really well.