Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

Poison Pen Letter !

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
15 replies to this topic

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Enfield are to ask the Cheshunt & Waltham Mercury newspaper for an explanation over the nasty and misleading letter that has appeared in this weeks sports letters page .

Enfield are concerned that the letter puts this club in a very bad light and the letter states that Ware FC are glad to see us go!!! It also states that our supporters are actively boycotting the Ware clubhouse and tea bar.

This of course is absolute nonsense and has also upset our current landlords at Ware who will be writing a letter as to the proof of our great working relationship we have had for the past 5 years .The letter also tarnishes our Image and could have put us in a bad light with our future landlords (who have already rubbished the letter).It could also be embarrassing for Broxbourne FC as Broxbourne and Enfield have the blessing of Broxbourne Council and have signed a 10 year ground share agreement.

I have it on good authority from Steve Whittington that the Mercury will be asked for the name of the person concerned and that legal action may be implemented.

Tony Waters (Enfield Supporters Committee)

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
What a load of rubbish that letter is! I laughed out loud when it said that we boycott the bar! Whoever wrote that is completely off their rocker and needs a slap!

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
it wasnt me i normally get the blame

russ

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
We're lucky if you ever leave the bar russ let alone boycott it!

offline EFCMICK

EFCMICK
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
It was really something wasn't it . I liked the bit about The same scheme being tried by us at Cheshunt 10 years ago. So our current board of directors were responsible for that then ? Erm I think not.

The bar and tea bar seemed reasonabley busy yesterday ,Even I got a pint and a cup of tea.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

I know Russ didn't write it, it had capital letters and full stops. evil

offline BigBad

BigBad
  • Reserves
TEA BAR boycotting! You have no chance mate!!! Not with me and all the....Lets say bigger gentelmen about. We all know that letter is full of smelly stuff!
However I would like to know why the paper put it in there without, asking either club if this was true or not! I hope the club take it as far as it can go!!!!!

offline The Penguin

The Penguin
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: MKJames

I know Russ didn't write it, it had capital letters and full stops. evil
The standard of Journalism has declined down the sewer systems this day and age . Not like when ones good self was epistling away.

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
mr penguin your back again

russ

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
"libel 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact, and is not clearly identified as an opinion. "

i'm looking forward to the outcoome already - looks like a cash that is cut and dried ......

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
I have just spoken to Steve Whittington , The Mercury have given their account of the above . They claim to have spoken to the person concerned and it appears he has given a Bogus name of a neighbor of his, The person concerned has said he did it while he was drunk !!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!! . Steve is going to the address supplied to get some sort of answer. If the address is proved to be Bogus then the matter will be put into the hands of our solicitors and it may well be anyway .The Mercury appear to have a Fax or E Mail address .

Steve is furious as is Aiden Mynott(Ware FC chairman)

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
The mercury are responsible for what they print irrespective of source etc.

faxes, emails etc are easily traceable,
the letter is a discrace and the paper likewise for allowing it to be printed.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
Its not our Intention to fall out with the local papers Garf .The Mercury is as I understand it co-operating on this matter.

What I found odd was the mention of Barkingside being taken over by Redbridge and the suggestion that we may be planning something similar.

The opinions of a few Idiots on this message board is one thing ,But spreading rumours and lies in a more public local newspaper is something more serious and damaging .

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
It was the mercury that published it. If it was not published it was merely a private letter between parties.

You are unlikely to get much from a person who chooses to remain anonymous. You therefore have to go for the Mercury.

offline Why me

Why me
  • At the Turnstiles
As chairman of Broxbourne Borough F.C it is great to see your solidarity regarding this letter, which has now been rescinded and apologises made. Not acceptable as it was malicious and unfounded.
However I would like to take this opportunity to welcome ALL Enfield 1893 FC supporters to Brox Boro FC. As a committee we have been working with Steve, Peter and the gang to make the ground share a smooth transition. A lot of work is required to get the ground up to the Grade E requirement but with your committee

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
Many thanks Peter , We are looking forward to working with you all down at Goff's Lane . I sincerely hope that we have the fantastic working relationship with Brox Boro as we have had at at Ware .

We should have known some Idiot somewhere would try to spoil it .Todays apology in the Mercury doesn't mean anything unless they put their name to it. I cant comment any furthur at present .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus