Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Bobble Church

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Guest_MOB on the rock_*

Guest_MOB on the rock_*
  • rank
Undone today by a team that hoofed the ball up the pitch and run after it, they used the bobbles to their advantage. They dived, they time wasted, the pushed and they dragged a good footballing side down to their level.

A while since I have seen them play, but a very poor side won against a team that could not put 3 passes together.

A case of the best team lost, I must say I was very disapointed at how poor the football was at Hx today. They really have fallen a long way, I am glad we do not have to watch that type of football every week!!

offline ukhammer

ukhammer
  • Reserves
  • Supports: West Ham, Canvey Island FC
  • Foes: Spurs, Chelsea, Billericay Town
  • Fav. Player(s): Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Trevor Brooking, Alan Devonshire,.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Rugby,
And there I was, thinking it was just me.......early goal, sit back, dive, foul and whinge.

offline Guest_MOB on the rock_*

Guest_MOB on the rock_*
  • rank
Naah not just you, it seems they have become a win at all cost side, it was funny when the Canvey fans were singing at the home support "your supposed to be at home" they did not respond!

I cant understand it at this level, nick a dodgy clearly off side goal (watch the clip) after five minutes and then ruin everyones entertainment, why would you pay to watch that.

I suppose that is why we get so many of them come to watch us each week!

If I was giving Batchy advise it would be keep trying to play football like you are, I would rather watch a team play their way through the season in mid table than get to the play offs like its seems Hx might by hoofing, diving, time wasting and pushing!

I am not surprised at McBrides approach, thats his style "no sport, just win" but how do their supporters cough

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I agree that Hornchurch were not what I would consider to be a good side. However, in the first half they could have scored three, where as we didn't really have a shot. It's all well and good being a better side, but it's goals that win matches.

We played well enough and showed good commitment and determination, but we're just not testing the opposition keeper enough at the moment. Long balls up to Jay & Lucky won't win us game. The one time that a decent ball was put through to Lucky, he turned brilliantly and drove in, but was denied by the keeper.

I never like to see us lose, but at least our lads put the effort it, so I can't knock them for that.

offline urchinman1961

urchinman1961
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: liverpool,hx and england
  • Foes: grays,rumford
  • Fav. Player(s): Courtinho
  • Fav. Sport(s): football
lol boys some times u have to play ugly to win matches,no it was'nt the best footoie i've seen this season and in all honesty canvey did'nt turn up today on the park,i can only remember one chance for u,playin the beautiful game does'nt always get the results u want ,take it thats the way u play every week ? well hx did'nt give u the chance to play like that yesterday did they ,dare say see u all again next season

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
mob,you really are a bitter old fool
hello to all the other canveyites

offline PittsieCIFC

PittsieCIFC
  • Trainee
i think yesterday we just didnt look up to the task and they looked up for it just a bit more, looked a bit more concentrated at the back.

we undoubtably worked very hard and we usually always do, and could have meritted a goal with our effort, but effort sometimes dosent pay off if you dont show the capibilty to create the chances, and other than that one from lucky i dont remember too many chances for us

positives to be taken tho, mel was brilliant and made some great saves...again and we did look very committed in the second half, just lacked the creative and finishing touch when it was need the most.

thats what i think anyways

no doubt see you urchins next year to give you another go

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Mel was very good again. Thought Tarks had a good game in defence and did his best to help the attack.

offline Diddy's Big Bro

Diddy's Big Bro
  • Reserves
it says on the website that Hornchurch hit the bar from the free kick Green scored from. It was infact a superb save from Mel.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I've said on my match report that Mel turned the ball on to the woodwork.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus