Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island 3 - 1 Harrow Borough...

ShedBoy

I want to just start off by saying a big thank you to our team of vouluntry groundsman who managed to work there magic over the last 2 days to get yesterdays game on.. Well done lads what a great effort.. Im sure other local clubs would love to have supporters like ours..!

A big 3 points yesterday. OK it wasn't a classic but to be fair we played well in spells during the first half which HBFC just could not deal with, hence the 3-0 score at half time. Great goal by Gab!

Second half we seemed to sit back and allow HBFC to come at us a little but to be fair the result was never in danger. Fair play to HBFC for there 2nd half performance they gave it there all.

Pitch and conditions made it very difficult to play the ball on the deck plus the ground was very heavy which looked tiring for the players.

A 3-1 win without playing that well is always good and im sure the players will feel great relief ending what has been a tough period.

Shame the gate was only 256 yesterday but having looked at the other games in our league all of the attendances where below average. People are without doubt picking there games due the current financial climate plus yesterdays artic weather kept a few away.

We played very well during the first half and the quick goal from Leon seemed to settle us down.

Great goal from Gab very similar to the one he got against Boreham Wood earlier in the season.

We seemed to take our foot off the pedal second half and got a bit sloppy defensively but credit to Harrow for battling back and not giving up.

Their number 10 was a real handful and was impressed with their 5 at the back.

Their keeper was quite awful and flapped at so many crosses.

Good to get back to winning ways and start scoring again. Next Saturday will be a tough game though.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
We played very well during the first half and the quick goal from Leon seemed to settle us down.

I'm sending that one to the dubious goals panel, had many positive reports that it was Tarkan's goal (please God let it be Tarkan's goal!)

As said in previous posts, we dominated the first half and could have had a couple more. To be fair they did have a couple of chances, but Ricky looked in good form and kept them out.

Second half they had nothing to lose and it showed as they came at us literally right from the whistle. Apparently the guy who scored their goal was a mile offside, but the lino was about 10 yards behind play and couldn't give it. With some good defending and a bit of luck we managed to stop them scoring again, and some wonder saves from their keeper stopped us adding to our tally.

Overall, 3 points in the bag, we now need to go to Staines and pick up a positive result to get back into the groove.

(p.s. hope their number 3 makes a full recovery :D)

Tarkan's cross would most likely have hit the post and gone in had Leon not made sure, I was dead in line with the drop and Leon put it in before the flight of the ball was completed. Although, had the ball gone straight in would it have been Tarkan's after it took the deflection to head goalwards?

Agree with their no. 5 being good - Tobi Jinadu, played for Aldershot the season they went up into the Conference, remember him having the game of his life at Park Lane that season and his name has stuck in my mind ever since.

I was amazed at how well the pitch looked, considering Friday morning I was told it would be very unlikely for the game to go ahead with the pitch being under water.

I've heard from 2 reliable sources that it was Leon's goal.......... evil

I think this game was all about getting the 3 points and the performance was secondary.Having said that i felt first half we played very well.Second half i felt we looked understandably nervous and strangely tired.

Staines is going to be a bloody tough one on saturday!!! But we seem to be a bit tighter at the back in recent games,so im hopefull of a decent result!

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

Agree with their no. 5 being good - Tobi Jinadu, played for Aldershot the season they went up into the Conference, remember him having the game of his life at Park Lane that season and his name has stuck in my mind ever since.

I was amazed at how well the pitch looked, considering Friday morning I was told it would be very unlikely for the game to go ahead with the pitch being under water.

I remember Jinadu playing against us for Sutton in the year we won the Ryman Premier. Think he scored an absolute screamer against us at the Lane when Sutton beat us, one of the few times we lost at home that season.

As for the pitch, think the players were training on it on Thursday but considering the snow and arctic conditions we had, the groundsmen did superbly to get the game playable.

I think it was only us and Heybridge who played a senior game in Essex on Saturday.

The groundsman deserve massive credit for getting that game on because all round the outskirts of the ground was waterlogged, my garden is flooded and Friday evening it started raining again. They were sponging the pitch as it was raining and were there before 8am on Saturday morning. Great effort guys

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

Definitely. I went over there at 8pm to check on the pitch to find them already hard at work. Mick Morgan, Nigel Bennett, Dave "Millwall" Leigh, Steve Freeman, and Bill Dorrington were all out there doing what needed to be done on the pitch, with Richard Walker and Steve Hassan (U18 manager & coach) helping to clear the ice from the terraces.

Great work fellas!