Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Alaile or Shave?

Ryan.c

Firstly, I never made the comment in relation to your comments about the re signing of Paul Shave.

What you have done is taken my comment from another thread and used it in that relation.

Perhaps you should have posted a comment follwoing my original post instead of taking it out of it's original context...

And yes you have a perfect right to voice your opinion on this forum as do I...but wouldn't it be so much better to voice it to those you have the courage to criticsize behind a keyboard.

Should I be ringing to arrange an appointment with Gordon Brown too then?

It surely isn't feasible for me to go and tell Jason, Gordon, Mr Chairman or whoever that I don't agree with their decision.

I can just imagine the discussion:

Me: Hello Mr Broom. I tbink signing Paul Shave again is an attrocious decision and it leads me to wonder if you know what on earth you are doing.

Him: Oh really.

Conversation over.

Instead I have chosen to share my opinion with fellow fans who can agree, disagree, comment or ignore as they see fit.

Originally Posted By: Barry_T
...I have chosen to share my opinion with fellow fans who can agree, disagree, comment or ignore as they see fit.

"I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it".

Barry, Shavesy did a job for us when he came into the squad at the end of last season. As he's available, probably not going to break the bank and we're facing a fixture pile-up doesn't it make sense to get him on board for if/when we need his particular brand of grit & determination?

Bark once for "yes" & twice for "no" evil

Barry noting the managements long and meaningful comments after the game yesterday I think your conversation expectations are about right!

We are a small band of supporters and I am sure the management and chairman know our feelings. We don't need to go and express every concern to them face to face, although I would be more than happy to discuss with them after the game if they wish.

End of the day they are the managers and chairman they run the team and the club between them. They must know that things aren't right and can't for a second believe that everyone involved with the club are pleased to have Shave back.

"Shavesy did a job for us"

I remember well the job he did for us.

The endless string of needless bookings and suspensions, his first booking within a few minutes of coming on on his debut at Tonbridge, his nasty challenge at Maidstone that earned him a deserved straight red, his consistent questioning of the referee at Concord earning him yet another pointless booking, and then his reckless challenge within a few seconds of that booking which effectively got us knocked out of the FA Trophy.

Yes - welcome back, Paul.

I can't wait for the delights that you will no doubt serve up for us.

Originally Posted By: Patriot
End of the day they are the managers and chairman they run the team and the club between them. They must know that things aren't right and can't for a second believe that everyone involved with the club are pleased to have Shave back.

...and yet they still bring him back, in spite of the critiscism it's likely bring them. I'd say that's exactly the right attitude.

I don't know about everyone who supports the club, but i know that after the Concord game where he get sent off, that a lot of people was slating him, saying how stupid he was to do that.

If he can do it then, he can do it now. When he went to hornchurch, it was a matter of 2/3 games before he was sent off.

For me, Solomon is possible better then Shavesy.

However, if Shavesy is willing to put his best in every game that he plays in for us, then thats all we have to ask. Sometimes a player who is a town favourite can underperform, but we don't say oh now he needs to go.

But above all of this, no real confirmation has been given that Paul has been signed yet, so lets wait till we get the confirmation and when we have seen him play to make a full judgement.

Why is everyone jumping to conclusions and biting thier nails on this topic? Shavesy "signing" for the club has not been confirmed on the official site nor has it been confirmed in this weeks bulletin. I'm sure the management know exactly what they are doing because they know best and IMO no fans should question a managers(s) tactics, team selection etc...

Nuff said.

Originally Posted By: coxy65
Well said upda, 30 posts on something that might or might not happen !!

It's called "speculation"! And it's a free entertainment, so why not?

Poorly worded by me Gazza. I meant speculation of the "will he, wont he, why have we" nature is entertainment, in response to Coxy65.

The nature of that speculation should, of course, be good mannered & not offensive, and I accept that some comment in this thread has probably pushed that boundry to far.

But that's no reason to stifle the discussion.

I struggled to get into the club last night with the amount of junk mail that was inside the front door.

It was explained to me later that it was Someone's CV

Rick, I wasn't "picking" you out.

Everyone has an opinion and I accept that but so do I and if my opinion is that I feel the comment is unfair (or wrong), I will say so.

It's obvious to me that some people don't want to be fair... And they obviously think a forum is there to "take out their frustrations", fairly or unfairly and not accept someone else "raining" on their parade by pointing out they may be unfair. Thing is, they want it to cut both ways when it suits them.

Hey, I suppose it beats abusing the dog...eh?

...eh Barry?