Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-August 17 )

• Photo
    Stu B

• Photo
    jucca

• Photo
    Tomsk

• Photo
    JordanMANOR

Photo

Enfield v Romford GBMT score updates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
15 replies to this topic

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Enfield 1-0 clarke 2min
2-0 borghys 18min
2-1 21min
3-1 bell 31min

Enfield team
1 brincat 2 kider 3 borghys 4 m borland 5 robinson 6 butler
7 l jones 8 orcan 9 bell 10 clarke 11 s borland
12 woodward 14 bonwick 15 hussain 16 green 17 wright

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
Enfield 3-2 Romford 51min

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
Full time
Enfield 4-2 Romford
L.Jones 90min

offline Royal Enfield

Royal Enfield
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
A terrific Shaun Clarke strike from just outside the box got us on our way . Wes with a lob from the edge of the box made it 2-0 . Romford got one back from a close header from a free kick . Wes freekick hit the bar and Julio Bell poked it home to make it 3-1 H T . After 5 mins of the restart Romford got another back with another header from a set piece and then a Romford onslaught in the second half which had them camped in our half for much of it . They hit the post near the end and as they piled forward Lawrence Jones took advantage and slipped in our 4th in stoppage time . Well done you E's

We did pay a price with Shaun Clarke going off injured and we lost Marlon Borland in the second half too.

offline BrimsdownRover

BrimsdownRover
  • Reserves
  • Foes: Townies , Chesnuts.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Futsal
great result boys great stuff .

Thanks to steve and fran for the great work in the downs bar . keep it up .

offline BigBad

BigBad
  • Reserves
Good game from all the lads only 1 1st teamer starting and finshing with 2 when Abs come on! lets hope we can take that into Saturday's game.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Bugger..thought it was B Jones..grrr. who is cup tied...well done chaps and look forward to the real deal on Saturday..

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
great game all round - excellent effort from our boys to hold off the mighty romford in the second half. not quite sure how they got thru it in the end.

the order has gone in for several fully pumped up multicoloured balls for saturday - although not the ones in use at sawbo (half red, half white, as we all had headaches trying to focus on those things)

if saturdays game is as entertaining we shall be in for a cracker.......

offline lord butcher

lord butcher
  • Onlooker
I'm sure you guys know your own players but, just for the record, can you confirm the scorers? No.9 (supposed to be Bell) got the first and no.10 (supposed to be Clarke) got the third. Did they switch shirts?

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
The scorers were correct , I cant say I noticed any shirts changing though .But then again I know my players so I dont need to look at their numbers .

Any chance of a new away kit for you guys ? Black numbers on dark red shirts is very hard to read for us middle aged persons. Coup sort it out please.

offline TB&G

TB&G
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Originally Posted By: TopGun
The scorers were correct , I cant say I noticed any shirts changing though .But then again I know my players so I dont need to look at their numbers .

Any chance of a new away kit for you guys ? Black numbers on dark red shirts is very hard to read for us middle aged persons. Coup sort it out please.

Coup can't help you as his official title is 'Whingemaster' not 'Kitmaster'! In any case the game will be played in daylight on Saturday and you'll just have to learn to cope! grin

offline lord butcher

lord butcher
  • Onlooker
Sorry, Teabag. I'm with Top Gun. Black on red is daft and illegible. Change it next year, please!
But nothing compares with the night a few years back when Ilford (dark blue and white hoops, dark blue shorts) played Wabbey (dark green and white hoops, dark green shorts) under the Ilford floodlights (I use the word loosely).

offline TB&G

TB&G
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Originally Posted By: lord butcher
Sorry, Teabag. I'm with Top Gun. Black on red is daft and illegible. Change it next year, please!But nothing compares with the night a few years back when Ilford (dark blue and white hoops, dark blue shorts) played Wabbey (dark green and white hoops, dark green shorts) under the Ilford floodlights (I use the word loosely).

I didn't say I liked it. Did I? If it's any consolation to you (and Top Gun - but I hope it will be irrelevant to him anyhow grin ) I believe that our revered first team manager don't like the red shirts etc as change strip irrespective of the colour of numbers on their backs. So it's very likely that there will be a change next season.

offline BOROMAN

BOROMAN
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: TB&G
Sorry, Teabag. I'm with Top Gun. Black on red is daft and illegible. Change it next year, please!But nothing compares with the night a few years back when Ilford (dark blue and white hoops, dark blue shorts) played Wabbey (dark green and white hoops, dark green shorts) under the Ilford floodlights (I use the word loosely).

I didn't say I liked it. Did I? If it's any consolation to you (and Top Gun - but I hope it will be irrelevant to him anyhow grin ) I believe that our revered first team manager don't like the red shirts etc as change strip irrespective of the colour of numbers on their backs. So it's very likely that there will be a change next season.

Boro away kits of the past:

up to 72/73: All white with one gold and one blue hoop
Up to 74/75: All white
up to 76/77: All white with two blue and one gold vertical stripe
76/77: All blue or white shirts navy shorts.
77/78: Red and White stripes, Black Shorts

up to 95/96: Blue shirts gold shorts
up to about 2000 ish. Either red and balck stripes or blue an black stripes and black shorts

2000 to ESL times: Red shirts black shorts

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
I quite liked the 'Roy of the Rovers' kit we borrowed at St Albans in the FA Cup in 1995. W@nker of a ref made us change. Oddly enough, Premier referee Dermot Gallagher, who took the game the previous season, was quite happy and saw no probs.. despite a mass of blue and gold all over the pitch, plus Drakey's shirt. agggghhhh.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
Sorry, Teabag. I'm with Top Gun. Black on red is daft and illegible. Change it next year, please!
But nothing compares with the night a few years back when Ilford (dark blue and white hoops, dark blue shorts) played Wabbey (dark green and white hoops, dark green shorts) under the Ilford floodlights (I use the word loosely).

When I was working at the Daily Express, I covered Deal three times on their winning run to the final in 2000. They sported black and white hoops with green numbers....an absolute bloody nightmare. Asked Tommy Sampson, their then boss, to get it changed for the final..did he tugboat. And the first game of the triumvirate, was at Met Police and saw the appearance of super sub Mark Reed, who scored I think in a 5-2 home defeat..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus