Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's happened to the drums?

I've found that more people get stuck in with the actual singing without the drum, as we can't rely on it to make the noise for us. We were very loud on Saturday, outsinging the champions elect in their own back yard. Should have no problem outsinging the Ricay lads wink

Guest MOB on the rock
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
I've found that more people get stuck in with the actual singing without the drum, as we can't rely on it to make the noise for us. We were very loud on Saturday, outsinging the champions elect in their own back yard. Should have no problem outsinging the Ricay lads wink

I do not think we sang one song in the first half, our supporters were dire last night, getting on the players backs instead of supporting them.

Our first half performance was almost outstanding battling against extreme conditions, if we had kept it to 0-0 or 0-1 we would not have had to chase the game, we were very unlucky not to have a clean sheet at half time despite a desperate Margate having the support of the wind and at times the home fans.

When are we gonna learn, the players like the drums and listen to our vocal few slagging them off, we need our supporters on nights like this not the negative lot we have.

Bring back the drums at least you could hear them.

Guest MOB on the rock

I honestly believe the attitude of our fans last night cost us rhe second half. OK first half we were very unlucky nearly getting to half time with a clean sheetm that would have made a very different game.

Problem is we do not sing the same anymore so give the little ones a drum!!!

one drum was OK but it did get a bit silly a few seasons back. the trouble also is what sounds loud when you are in the bus shelter isnt loud at other parts of the ground. allot of times i think there has been very little singing and then everyone says the boys in the shelter didnt stop, a drum at least carries all thoughout the ground

Guest MOB on the rock

I agree Ken, what is wrong with the crowd having the bus shelters to sing in and give the youngsters a drum, on Tuesday I sat directly opposite the shelter I did not hear any songs..

I agree with MOB that we were very unlucky to go into the break as a losing side. But during the interval and throughout the second half most of the noise was not collective singing but small groups of individuals, mostly old boys, moaning about Batchy's tactics and team selection.

No offence fellas, but none of you guys are the ones who get stuck in with the singing normally. You're always welcome to start a song. How anyone can knock our vocal support this season is beyond me. Again, no offence, but you guys don't really do the away games these days to hear how we were at Dover last Saturday for example.

Always easy to criticise from the outside looking in.

is how loud we can be.

Guest MOB on the rock
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
No offence fellas, but none of you guys are the ones who get stuck in with the singing normally. You're always welcome to start a song. How anyone can knock our vocal support this season is beyond me. Again, no offence, but you guys don't really do the away games these days to hear how we were at Dover last Saturday for example.

Always easy to criticise from the outside looking in.

No offence taken, but I am a fat old git who cant sing, I have missed a couple of away games recently but I do travel!!

I do enjoy standing with the yellow army and I do like to stand away from them sometimes listening to the impact they make!!

I must say without the drums we are not the same and while we are the nosiest in the league, we are at times very noisy in critism of our own team!!

I think those in the middle of the shelter, may feel we are noisier than we actually are!