Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island 1-3 Harlow Town

Matt H

I suppose the fans wouldn't be sure how the players would react. I know after training on a Thursday night they do enjoy a pint together, but I doubt the conversation is about what happens on the pitch.

We have had players in the past though mention how good it is to be able to speak to the fans after the game and some are greatful just to see a crowd.

I don't stand with the singers. You can always find me behind the opposition goal, level with the six yard line.

And I just thought I'd mention that I have actually been called a W**ker at work too! wink

I certainly wouldn't say I work better, no.

Does it piss me off? I think it's the context in which it's used. If it's something totally out of my hands, I would just brush it off as frustration of the individual.

If it was aimed directly at me in a personal connotation then, I would want to smack the person!

Guest MOB on the rock

Yesterdays game for me was a fair 1-1 draw, we could have won it if our two pens were allowed and a good goal was not struck off.

The officials were awful especially the linos, but that was not what cost us.

In the end two individual mistakes cost us big time!

That happens, move on!!!

This is when we need our support, this is when we make a difference, the weak ones will get fed up, the real fans wull get behind our players and say never mind, we are Canvey!!!

We are in the better half of our league in our first season at this level, when we were knocking in the pens at Redbridge, would I have settled for this OHH YEAH!!!!!

Matt lay off the self serving opinion and get behind our team!!!

I don't think Matt has abused anyone on here, just giving his assessment of a very poor performance. And one thing's for sure, Matt wouldn't be the person shouting abuse on the terraces, so it's not fair to associate those comments with him

First half we were terrible, and Harlow could have scored their three goals in this half alone. We looked completely unorganised, and were simply pumping long balls forward, which their defence cleared with minimal fuss. However, when they did the same thing, our defence seemed to struggle to get the ball out.

The goal, although deserved, was a shambles really, and to give away cheap goals like the first and second were is very disappointing.

Second half we were the better team, and yet they still scored twice after capitalising on mistakes. Saying that, had the referee done his job, we would have definitely had another goal, definitely had at least one penalty (possibly two), and they would have had at least one sent off for handling the ball off of the line. A very inept performance from the man in black.

What I found really disappointing is that Harlow played on Thursday evening, giving them less than 2 days rest before playing us. However, come match day, they looked the more lively side.

We've now got a massive match against Boreham Wood next week, which I believe we have to win. No excuses, we all know what the players can do, now they have to go out there and do it.

Come on You Yellows!

Recovering from two/three silly give away goals will never be easy and we never made the task any the easier in failing to match the shape of the Harlow team

They had a player in front of the back four and a player in the hole behind their front runners, in other words they played the diamond shape with a lack of width

We played two wide players and two in C-Mid field and to cope needed our two wide players to tuck in when defending which although working hard they failed to do, where they should have automatically folded in to our mid-field when the ball was lost they ran almost every where other than folding in to assist the two CMF players

In simpler terms we still suffer from lack of experience at senior level where energy must be matched by understanding

As for banging the ball long from the back or long and wide to our wide players the defence had little option with the two CMF players almost always out numbered by the diamond shape

We need at least three players of higher skills and experience to allow serious promotion chasing from this league

All joking aside, we've not played well since December of last year.

Up until the Horsham game, we were doing alright but since then, we've been rather poor in some games.

Just wonder whether to some extent, we were a surprise package and now teams have got used to our style of play and sussed us out.