Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another one bites the dust??????????

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
We have made it easy for everyone - suggestions on the suggestions thread on the official forum. It is sticky for a while so no excuses!!

As Claudius says(and others which you choose to ignore), get your budget right,stick to it, then go from there. The last two owners have chosen to ignore this fact for their ego trips of glory hunting, now the Club is suffering! The Club is a business and should be run as one!

Exactly what I have been saying for a while too.

The club cannot set a budget (although it needs to) because it now has no income during the summer.

Wait and see.

There was a lively board meeting Saturday moring to try and sort things out.

I'm unsure whether there were any quick solutions, but rest assured a lot of good people are working flat out behind the scenes to sort things out.

One problem is that there are too many disparate groups and committes all aiming for the same thing, but crossing over into each other's areas of responsibility - at times neglecting the areas they need to be addressing themselves.

Despite Claudius' predictions, we DID complete the season - finishing a creditable 14th - whilst other bigger, better supported clubs are facing life in the BSP south and North.

If we can refinance during the summer, perhaps with BK at the helm alongside JM, we will have a good opportunity to start afresh in July - with the prospect of some tempting pre-season games ,and some lucrative home games such as Luton, Bournemouth and AFC Wimbledon - all of which promise to be 3-4,000 gates.

The time has coming to stop being destructive and negative.

If you truly do support the club, and from your recent postings you appear to gloat over it's pain, you will offer support and back those that are trying to resolve the financial issues.

BTW, what time did you get up????

I see you still have blind faith in BK, think about it, it was his board that left the Club in bad debt, I haven't heard a thing from him that says the future under his stewardship would be any different. MyFC haven't done a thing to alleviate this, in fact they increased the budget without a guaranteed sustainable increase in income! Broken promises and a few big ego's lost them the majority of their membership!

I can not (honestly)see a way to massively increase gates

(and I haven't heard anyone else on any of the forums, that can)with all the opposition in and around the London area and live games on TV.

When Charlton announced free coach travel,(and I am not saying the Fleet could afford to do the same)what was the reaction, slag off Charlton for trying to increase their gate, instead of trying to find a way to do the same! Threads for asking for ways to help the situation is laudable, but think about it, who should be coming up with these ideas, the people supposedly running the Club, not the people who turn up and are keeping the Club alive as it is!

Putting prices up to 15 quid puts the Club up against Charlton(15quid) and Gillingham(19quid),yes they may increase their prices next year, where there is a better class of Football and far better facilities. I have never heard of putting up prices being a way to increase gates. In the short term , it will increase the income, until people decide it is too much, it certainly won't encourage new people to the Club.Realism has to take hold, the majority of the Gravesham area are not/ never have been interested in a non-league football and as a result is holding the Club back from becoming a League Club.

Ambition is all well and good, but there has to be affordability and accountability before ambition!

As for what time did I get up? Didn't your mother ever tell you "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise? Well it doesn't, it just gets you into Website arguements a lot earlier!

We have made it easy for everyone - suggestions on the suggestions thread on the official forum. It is sticky for a while so no excuses!!

Nice evasion, you know full well I was asking why you continue to make purile comments about me that have no substance and you know it!

Exactly what I have been saying for a while too.
The club cannot set a budget (although it needs to) because it now has no income during the summer.Wait and see.
There was a lively board meeting Saturday moring to try and sort things out.
I'm unsure whether there were any quick solutions, but rest assured a lot of good people are working flat out behind the scenes to sort things out.
One problem is that there are too many disparate groups and committes all aiming for the same thing, but crossing over into each other's areas of responsibility - at times neglecting the areas they need to be addressing themselves.

Despite Claudius' predictions, we DID complete the season - finishing a creditable 14th - whilst other bigger, better supported clubs are facing life in the BSP south and North.
If we can refinance during the summer, perhaps with BK at the helm alongside JM, we will have a good opportunity to start afresh in July - with the prospect of some tempting pre-season games ,and some lucrative home games such as Luton, Bournemouth and AFC Wimbledon - all of which promise to be 3-4,000 gates.
The time has coming to stop being destructive and negative.
If you truly do support the club, and from your recent postings you appear to gloat over it's pain, you will offer support and back those that are trying to resolve the financial issues.
BTW, what time did you get up????

Urmmmm, isn't that what a budget is for, to budget for 52 weeks of the year?

If we can refinance during the summer, perhaps with BK at the helm alongside JM, we will have a good opportunity to start afresh in July -

are you serious or have you forgotten that you are owned by the members of myfc....there will be no starting afresh with the old old guard until the latest old guard have been dealt with and thats myfc who hold all of the aces.....

you almost seem to ignore those facts gaz...maybe you think that myfc can just be dumped and forgotten...?

• 2 weeks later...

I probably haven't even looked at this site in a year nor commented on anything. So when I do pop back in for a browse, I'm reminded why I don't...

HG, AFF get a room. Boring bickering like this must be a manifestation of something more deep-rooted... you clearly both have your opinions and believe them to be right (but in the words of the Streets: my gosh, don't you know it!)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Bye Student Scum

Why - where am I going? It was only an opinion (an incredibly tongue-in-cheek one at that) are we no longer allowed those?

I've been a member on this forum since Jan 03, I may drift in and out but there y'go... that's my decision.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
(Moniker probably says it all)!

I don't know anyone called Moniker wink... unless you mean that particularly annoying American pedant - wait a moment...

(Student Scum? Irony can be really wasted sometimes...) I am neither a student nor am I scum...