Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier League or England?

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Originally Posted By: supermattknowsitall
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Stronger England side without a doubt.

I agree with wage-capping, (50k per week is more than reasonable). I also think the millions of pounds worth of TV money should be better distributed as well.

With wage-capping, football on the whole will be more competetive seeing as Man United and West Brom can only offer the same salary to a particular player and that will filter down the leagues.

There must be a rule about home-grown players though because I think wage-capping alone will have little impact on this. The only argument is that with all these foreigners coming in to the Premiership, those home-grown players that are forced out of the bigger clubs also filter down the leagues.

Its all good wage capping but what happens when you get to our level

• 2 weeks later...

the problem with insisting on a club having a certain amount of home grown players is that the bigger clubs will grab any kid that has the mildest amount of talent and see what they can get out of them. what this will cause is a massive amount of kids to be floating about with no prospects later in life as they have been dropped by the football club that they were putting all their hopes into and can do little else becuse they didnt get an education.

my idea is to restrict the amount of games a player can play in along with squad size restrictions. so for example if every player in your squad is only aloud to make 35 appearences the lower teams that dont play as many games will be able to select stronger teams and the big clubs will be forced to use fringe players for smaller games. this means the a team manager actually has to do some work and squad selection becomes a much more vital part of the game. also this also gives players a rest so they are fresher for international duty.

i also like the idea of having a perminant england team. players get to dicide if they want to play for a club or the national side. they would be paid well for playing for england and then every year a team is chosen and that plays a friendly every other week till an international tornement. a team that plays week in week out with each other would wipe the floor with everyone

I like the idea of A perminant England squad, But i dont think some of the players would go for it. It would be like setting up a brand new club which would probally have to buy the players from clubs as they wouldnt be willing to let their players leave for nothing so the FA would be spending huge amounts of money on salarys and tranfers fees.