Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-November 17 )

• Photo
    ASF

• Photo
    Red Neck

• Photo
    cityman

• Photo
    Fleet boys

• Photo
    Windsor Castle's Moat

Photo

Burnham v Enfield (Cup Final)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
19 replies to this topic

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Personally cant wait for Saturday. Hopefully one to remember for a long time. I think the fans have deserved a good day out for all the aches and pains they've gone through these last 2 seasons in this league. From Basildon away, to Southend Manor at home in the pouring rain last season, they've been there through the good the bad and the ugly (Hi Trenks!!).

The lads have shown tremendous guts these last few weeks to hang on in there and not let Romford have it easy. Playing so many games in such a short amount of time, with not the biggest squad in the world, is testament to thier character, ability and sheer determination. For, after Saturday, we have games, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday and finish on the Thursday. Asking Romford to slip up twice more is a big enough ask but then we have to make sure we win all those 5 remaining games!!! Big Ask aint the words!!

One guy who I know is gutted to miss out on Saturday is Abs. He has been brilliant for us and after his award winning speech after the game on Tuesday, I know he must be disapointed to miss out (work calls!!). He has asked for some sort of good luck message to be put on here from him knowing how much the club means to the supporters, chairman, management and players.

I've know doubt we'll do everything we can to win our 1st trophy together, and hopefully not our last, and see u at our next league game Tuesday night.

See the rest of you Saturday guys.

offline Eric's here Again

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Scunthorpe United , Aston Villa, West Ham.
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
  • Fav. Sport(s): Rugby , Boxing , Athletics.
Good luck tomorrow lads ,I'll be watching this with some Interest .

A good run in the vase next season would be good too especially if you get to the latter stages and get a draw up my neck of the woods . Come on you Enfield excited

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
good luck guys - thinking of you - will try to get online about 11pm BST -
lets hope we can round off the season with some silverware obn the table (to go with the league title) which still has some twists in it yet.

my forecast is a 2-1 win.

good luck e's

offline Lightweight

Lightweight
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Have a good day everyone.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Eric's here Again
Good luck tomorrow lads ,I'll be watching this with some Interest .

A good run in the vase next season would be good too especially if you get to the latter stages and get a draw up my neck of the woods . Come on you Enfield excited

Not anticipating promotion then Eric ? evil

Good Luck in the Final today 1893 drinkies

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
What was the score guys?

Hope you are all still out celebrating!!

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Don't think so.. lost 2-1.

offline Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason
  • At the Turnstiles
  • Supports: Enfield Town, Spurs & Lille "Allez les dogues"
Bad luck today guys I am sure you gave it your best - lets hope we play you soon in Ryman North

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: vor
Bad luck today guys I am sure you gave it your best - lets hope we play you soon in Ryman North

Here, here!

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
The players gave it their all, but could not past Smallys. It was a great day out, great talking to & listening to Brad, Neil, Lee, Jack & the other players on the top deck of the coach. I know all your secrets now! Looking forward to the game tuesday. COME ON YOU E's

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Photos from the game are downloading now, report will go on website later today.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Too many missed chances in the 1st half I'm afraid and Smallsy held those that were on target . Credit to Burnham they took their chances when they came . Despite the result it was a good day out .

What did everybody think of the London double decker ? It was something different .

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Just a quick message on behalf of all the playing staff to thank you for the tremendous support yesterday. We're just sorry that we couldn't get the result only people in connection with the club wanted. Granted, the party bus wasn't what we expected but I'm sure everyone had a good time, there and back and the atmosphere was brilliant, even going home. Thanks also to Steve and Fran for making the evening very enjoyable and comfortable for everyone. Seeing the lads in good spirits chatting away to family, friends and each other shows I think what a great little club we have become.

Lets put things into perspective...at the end of September we'd lost half our league games and wasn't even thinking about Cup Finals...and now look where we are. Progress has definately been made, that team togetherness is back and with 5 more games, 5 more wins until the end of the season, I think they can look back and be quite pleased with what they've achieved from this season.

Next year MUST be different....we MUST be ruthless....willing to upset a few people in search of what we want.....3rd time/season lucky.....Come on you E's!!

See you Tuesday.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
hard luck chaps

offline Jerry No.14

Jerry No.14
  • First XI - Permanent
Great speech Gollum. x

laugh

offline BigBad

BigBad
  • Reserves
Jerry you legend

offline coach et 64

coach et 64
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Great Wakering Rovers, Tottenham, Lazio, Italy, Southend
  • Foes: Arsenal,Roma.
  • Fav. Player(s): honest and loyal ones
  • Fav. Sport(s): tennis table
Originally Posted By: G124 EME
Just a quick message on behalf of all the playing staff to thank you for the tremendous support yesterday. We're just sorry that we couldn't get the result only people in connection with the club wanted. Granted, the party bus wasn't what we expected but I'm sure everyone had a good time, there and back and the atmosphere was brilliant, even going home. Thanks also to Steve and Fran for making the evening very enjoyable and comfortable for everyone. Seeing the lads in good spirits chatting away to family, friends and each other shows I think what a great little club we have become.

Lets put things into perspective...at the end of September we'd lost half our league games and wasn't even thinking about Cup Finals...and now look where we are. Progress has definately been made, that team togetherness is back and with 5 more games, 5 more wins until the end of the season, I think they can look back and be quite pleased with what they've achieved from this season.

Next year MUST be different....we MUST be ruthless....willing to upset a few people in search of what we want.....3rd time/season lucky.....Come on you E's!!

See you Tuesday.

I would only change a word...consistent for ruthless.Keep playing your style of football and it will come in the end.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Originally Posted By: G124 EME
Progress has definately been made, that team togetherness is back and with 5 more games, 5 more wins until the end of the season, I think they can look back and be quite pleased with what they've achieved from this season.

See you Tuesday.

What is your view on the general fatigue level of the squad and do you think they can pull off 5 more wins to put Romford under as much pressure as possible? I hope so!

On another note what great support we brought along for the game! Well done everyone! Anyone worked out why the ref disallowed our goal? frown

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Jerry - Bore off!!
Big Bad - Hi my fellow dancing partner!!

F.F. - The boys must be tired, with the amount of games they've played this last 2 months and what with 5 games in the next 10 days is, again, a massive ask and nothing short of barbaric!!

5 wins is going to be tough but I feel with what we have at our disposal, we can definately put another 5 wins together. They just seem to stick together, even after a tough defeat and Im sure the 16 on Tuesday will step up to the plate and put in another lung-busting effort. Effort is one thing these lads cannot be critisied of!!!

offline Jerry No.14

Jerry No.14
  • First XI - Permanent
smile

Why thank you BigBad.........do i know you blud???

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus