Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      19 Jun
    codpiece

RT @Coral: England's goals came from two corners with Harry Kane scoring in the box. When you remember you had Harry Kane taking the corne…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-June 18 )

• Photo
    Uncle Urchin

• Photo
    Cookie

• Photo
    HT_Rob

• Photo
    andyrich

• Photo
    TruroFC_Rob

• Photo
    Rob@Halftime

• Photo
    Park Lane Towner

• Photo
    albiestar

Photo

Worst Grounds?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
15 replies to this topic

offline mdetaylor

mdetaylor
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
For starters Staines was a dreadful place to watch football - one thin strip of concrete behind the goal which meant the end was full when about 20 were shoulder to shoulder.

Any suggestions?

offline Webbo MFI

Webbo MFI
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Walton & Hersham (won worst ground of the season vote on the site some time back)

offline Colin Zeal EFM

Colin Zeal EFM
  • Youth Team Coach
Bramall Lane

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
FOREST GREEN!!!!!!! I can remember standing at the front and there was about a metre or less between the pitch and fenceing.

You may remember me cos i was on front of the observer. I had a wig and my face wa covered in face paints!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Harlow , Sittingbourne, walton & sham, leyton,
Romford

offline rich sparkes

rich sparkes
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
i cant beieve that u have not mentioned our san siro of essex, park lane.

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Champion Hill, Dulwich, just before they pulled it down.

Bromley, with its famous 'tombstone end'.

The old Barking ground, what a dump!

Never much liked Grays either.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Don't forget the electric atmosphere that is Croydon away on a rainy Tuesday night in February.

offline Lee_R

Lee_R
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Goldsdown Ground - home of the famous Enfield Town Football Club of the Essex Senior League (actually, it's owned by Brimsdown, but shhhh).

No covers, an unused bus shelter which I think USED to be the main stand, a fence around the picth, and the actual stadium is in the middle of a park. You think I'm kidding?

But we still pull in crowds of 250+ - and the stadium is due to be expanded massively within the coming season. Plus, it's home sweet home.

offline EFM The Firm, The Voice

EFM The Firm, The Voice
  • First XI Coach
Croydon away on a cold Tuesday is always made better with a 3ltr bottle of Strongbow, doing various atheletics by their pitch (last season it was my long jump, the season before it was a full lap by EFM), annoying all the mouthy Croydon kids and then hitting a London club. For maximum effect pre-game entrust your house keys with a Thameslink driver from east croydon to St.albans

This way you won't remember or care about any of the game, so much so it about a month before I realised it was Ryan Moran who scored.
I'm gonna miss that place, no tram ride this season!

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Barnet, Barrow, Ilkeston, Marine, South Bank, Runcorn, Trowbridge

offline trevinho

trevinho
  • Reserves
In no particular order:

- Croydon (particularly on a sunny day)

- Bromley (dangerously neglected park bench seats behind one goal)

- Runcorn (splendid view of as many chemica plants as you could ever care to look at)

- Walthamstow Avenue (some of our younger readers may not remember that particular dump)

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
Ah yes, Walthamstow Avenue. Once giant of non-league football now sadly defunct. I think we played Redbridge Forest there and lost 2-0 if my memory serves. My abiding memory of the ground is being surrounded by seedy-looking flats all displaying the weeks' washing from their balconies and a pitch that would have graced a prison exercise yard.

For even older viewers, how about Corby Town (circa 1968?) for an unparalleled view and the heady aroma of the local steelworks?

offline Pavagrotti

Pavagrotti
  • Reserves Coach
St Albans City (when nobody can be bothered to open the tea bar and the bogs aren't clean)!

They tell me that Concord Rangers is special as the smell of the sewerage works next door wafts across the pitch! I'll find out this season.

Bicycle Clips would have been useful when the rats were running at Heybridge Swifts.

Hullbridge Sports is more like a lake at one end for much of the season. All it needed was some ducks and reeds. Sorry we brought our own reeds!

offline Laz

Laz
  • rank
How about Clapton. That place is a total **** -hole. Hopefully, they've been dumped out of the league by now which means St Albans City are the second longest members behind Dulwich Hamlet. With an luck Hamlet will soon get the axe leaving City at the top.

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
Wot about Wisbech in that FA Cup match? Does anyone know anyone who is around my age and supports the saints more than me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus