Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

If You Could.....

....change/remove/add one law in football, which one would it be?

I'd introduce a law saying that if you try and shield the ball down in the corner flag, the opposition are allowed to kick ten bells out of you without giving away a free kick.

I would scrap the law that says a player who has received treatment has to leave the pitch and can only return (on the halfway line) when the ref eventually decides to wave him back on. If it can't be scrapped then the opposing player who caused the injury should have to leave the pitch as well. Why should a team with an injured player be put at a disadvantage ? All in all it's a nonsensical rule.

Originally Posted By: Andy the Marsh Rat
Sheilding the ball so that it goes out for a goal kick,as the defender has no intention of touching the ball it must be obstruction,surely?

The law on this states that as long as the ball is within playing distance then it is okay to shield the ball, as long as you don't use anything that you cannot legally play the ball with (arms).

Give em a good kick I say, that'll show em!

Originally Posted By: Urchin Princess
im sure it confuses even the brightest of people most of the time smirk

the offside rule is OK it is just the fact that they complicated it by adding the if your affecting play, they should introduce anyone in the penalty area is automatically affecting play and therefore can be offside

I would like to see the no passback rule get rid of. I miss own goals