Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

I am just as disappointed with yesterdays result as anyone having been there to watch us totally roll over to a staines team that showed us how football is played, but im amazed at how the negative and over the top reaction has dominated this forum. Asking for the boards resignation/heads is not going to solve any of our problems nor is bitching about the season we have/could have had, we simply were not good enough for this league and need to stand back both as supporters of MFC and dare I say critics of the board/management. We all need someone to blame/accuse but truth be known the only problem with this season is that we were not good enough with the players - be they local or journeymen as some would say, the problem is we (thanet in general) cannot afford to compete in any sporting endeavour because this area is financialy deprived and no-one in this area wants to spend money on a short term venture such as a football team, all in all it boils down to money from the Premiership right down to the lowly non-league clubs such as ours. If someone has a few MILL they want to lose (and I mean lose) then please come forward as MFC will spend your money quicker than you can but will entertain more people in the long run (irony huh).

Great post Andy. Like you I'm gutted, kind of glad that I couldn't make yesterday now. Also I'm sure like you I'll be back supporting the team next year whatever league and whatever management. And no, I don't have a few million to spare so I'm happy to leave it to whoever is generous/mad enough to throw money on grass roots football in Thanet! Can't see the point in complaining about everything myself as I'm not in a position to do anything about it. The only thing I could do is stay away and I can't see how that would help and I'm not sure I really have the option anyway!

Its so sad we have the 5th best average support in the league and look at the season we had awful. Tonbridge in the play offs and theres no reason we cant be there as we are a bigger club than Tonbridge, hope they win the play offs. The support base is there and what the board dont understand how loyal our supporters are as most clubs in our situation atendances would have plumented.

Im just angry that all the supporters have been short changed treated like [****!!****] and for our younger fans they need to be respected and have a club left for them after all the older supporters have gone.

have you got a solution, has anybody..... if so come forward please and make yourself known, as the thread says "Knee jerk reaction" - anyone (including myself) can slate those in charge but if someone on this forum has a REAL solution let them come forward and view their opinions!!!

Originally Posted By: Margateboys
Tonbridge in the play offs and theres no reason we cant be there as we are a bigger club than Tonbridge, hope they win the play offs.

Tonbridge are up there because they've had the money to spend on proven players mainly down to the long pockets of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.

You can argue all you like that Margate's team isn't good enough, but you've had a set of young lads step into a mans game and actually perform. Each time i've watched them this season i've been impressed with thier raw talent, a talent that will progress over time, especially under such expert guidance. If you care to remember back, you knew this had to happen, due to your lack of funds. (Margateboys, i don't believe you've watched the team for some time?)

Whatever the reasons for the Club's demise/relegation/hard times - Be it mismanagement at board level etc i don't think you should hammer the lads that have turned out for you.

It costs an absolute fortune to compete at this level. If Mr Piper has made such a hash of things, while probably spending his own vast fortune doing so, what is behind his reluctance to let it go?

If results are bad the manager gets sacked, or in Ashby's case bullied out for having integrety. The boards performance also deserves the sack. It's not a knee jerk reaction, it's a build up reaction over the years and some Gate fans are so wishy-washy they will put up with any cr^p it's laughable.

Ive watched them alot im just realistic not a dreamer. I look at the facts 3 relegations in 7 years the club has had 42 games to get out of trouble and as for yesterday answers itself. So were just carry on and keep the relegations comming shall we happy days at Margate FC not!!

I dont believe you smile

You can repeat the rest of your quote as often as you like. But, until you back it up with some kind of solution you will not be heard...

Originally Posted By: blue balls
It appears that a Tonbridge fan knows more about our club than its own supporters!

So, educate me 'blue balls'.

All i see is:

A nasty elememt slagging off young players

Many slagging off the board

Mr Piper coming in for a lot of animosity

But..What i dont hear apart from just one or two people a solution to your woes...

So, Mr 'blue balls' while this forum is open and free to all, what is it that i don't know but you do?

Well im sure your happy with the way things are going at the club and all the supporters should be happy with our postion and say well done lads and the club. We should all be so grateful we are relegated again are just go and get a bottle of bubbly to celebrate.

No, i'm saying don't slag off the kids

Jane, I like you a lot but your posts on here are getting a bit annoying. I have never slagged off our young players but the board do not have the club at heart just their farce of a development. And trust me they're not nice and I don't feel comfortable enough to go back and I really want to.

Southampton were FA Cup Finalists in 2003 - according to today's NLP they could be in the Conference next season!