Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player retained list

michael

Will it will make progress in FA Cup and trophy even more imprtant next season ?

A very poor/average performance in these cup competitions over last 3 seasons.

If only we could progress and get some decent prize money ,that would make all the difference

Not sure if it has been attempted already but I have a possibly helpful suggestion.

In the current financial climate there are very few 'affluant' beneficiaries that we could approach for sponsorship. One particular area however is the Commercial Finance sector that seems to be doing extremely well. They lend money to businesses of all kinds when Banks are reluctant to do so. They also, in some cases, like to be associated with external promotion or marketing opportunities for more media/public penetration.

It would be necessary for TY and NS and any other big hitters(by name at least) they could muster to be part of the approach to the Marketing bods in these companies to add weight and gravitas to the request for sponsorship. Being predominantly 'Money' based as an industry they like to have themselves associated with names and faces from a media point of view that at value to their company profile.

If whoever reads this feels that the people at the club would like to take this further and at least gets some names and numbers please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Originally Posted By: Bluesfan
Buzzgate - what makes you so sure we will be in the premier next season? Know something we don't?

There are too many clubs about to collapse or be thrown out of higher leagues to make us vulnerable. I suspect Harlow may stay up as well. One thing is for sure - we must prepare for Ryman Prem and not Ryman South as if we get lower quality in (see Ramsgate this year) we will drop like a stone.

Yes but believe me on here, being a moderator that means nothing BluesFan.

For your information then, as I believe mentioned on another thread, KP states in the paper that we will be staying in the Premiership, more mentioned in report but that is main point in a nutshell.

Originally Posted By: Pagey
Originally Posted By: Bluesfan
Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Do you not read the local papers BluesFan? doh

BlueGate Alan - Do you not look at a persons location before asking such a question???

grin

Great response Bluesfan

That put the Welsh Ostrich, Happy applause2, God Fearing Mod in his place.

coolsmoke

As ever i hope he is right.

I think it is very brave of KP to make such a bold statement as 'anything can happen' over the next six weeks whilst we wait our entry into the AGM Cup.

As is probably evident,in the main KP has my complete support (for what thats worth ) and there are obviously some who feel otherwise over the way the club has been run over previous years with concerns over off field matters.

The irony for me is that IF KP has got this wrong,and we DO NOT retain premiership status ,then - more than the off field matters, and having made such a bold statement; would KP have to consider his position ;as he would have lost so much respect to make his position untenable (at the end of the day-most of us just want to concentrate on the footie stuff)

Its not beyond the realms of possibilty that KP may have to consider falling on his sword because he has got this stuff about retaining status so badly wrong;and the anti KP minority get their wishes because of that as opposed to the financial management stuff.somewhat ironical that would be .

I just hope that nightmare scenario does not transpire for his personal sake and the clubs sake.

Up the 'Gate

Originally Posted By: seasidesteve
do you believe everything you read in the local paper,if you do where is this great new ground we have planning permision for

I believe we will be staying in the Premier League and you can quote me on that Steve.

As to the ground, I blame the Council as much as the club for the debacle.

I for one am glad the club are stating it as they cannot blame uncertainty if they put a poor squad together for next year. In my mind if TY had been here from the start with this squad we probably would have stayed up. But we do need more strength, so let's look for quality and not Ramsgate rejects who took them down so brilliantly this year!