Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fans fear for club's future after lack of subscrib

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: thespursfan
sorry, no insight there from me b,cos I dont know beyond the papertalk, but we wont see grounds getting built in town centres ever again I guess!

I'll forgive your ignorance on this matter TSF..................Stonebridge Road is nowhere near a town centre!

I have been there a few times AFF.My comment was to do with the proposed development, and Bitch is I think a traditionalist who likes town clubs with grounds with a bit of character.

The problem as far as town grounds are concerned, is that local councils are now under very severe pressure from HMG, with the holding back of funds and the added pressure being put on local councils in the south east to build more and more houses as fast as possible.

We know this very well in the Mole Valley District. The Meadowbank ground, at the last very conservative estimate was worth over

The appalling thing is, the ground earmarked for our new stadium is designated as blighted land - no housing or commercial development can be built there because of it's location between the new A2 trunk road and the old road, west of the old Tollgate and south of Morrisons.

Part of the land is going to be a cycle track/leisure area , presumably with associated amenities and facilites such as cafe/restaurant. I believe there is also going to be a substantial car park to facilitate commuters park and ride.

This is a perfect location for the new ground - even the car park would be used to bring in additional money for the council.

There is plenty of space for everyone.

My understanding is that BK and the ground development group are going to/have already resubmitted the plans to the council for further debate.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Well, he's not as young as he used to be, maybe the memory's starting to go...

aplogies FZ I was replying to capstone andy...(oh sorry.. better known as gaz)....grin

No problems, couldn't remember having any run-ins with you....
duel

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Town centre grounds are now a waste of space. New housing estates are invariably out of town - that is where ours needs to be.
All we need is a new councill that actually supports our plans.

So the Council should take notice of 1,000/1,500 people, quite a few who don't live in their Town District over the majority of Gravesham residents........There is nothing like democracy! doh

Full of the joys of spring as usual, Les.

We may as well all pack up and go and support Dartford and close down these forums.

At least you wouldn't be able to moan then.

Please try to be more constructive instead of the usual negative bleating.

God knows, we're sick to death of it from the Free brigade.

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Splitting hairs AFF....

Not at all, If the people of Gravesham were interested in the Club, then maybe the Council would do more for their constituents. Politicians are in power and only look for causes that will further their position! Maybe if the Club hadn't changed their name from Gravesend and Northfleet, the Council might feel more sympathetic to their cause?

Full of the joys of spring as usual, Les.
We may as well all pack up and go and support Dartford and close down these forums.
At least you wouldn't be able to moan then.
Please try to be more constructive instead of the usual negative bleating.
God knows, we're sick to death of it from the Free brigade.

You just don't like the truth, do you Gary? Nothing negative there,I never mentioned packing up ,you just have to be realistic, for the Club to survive, they are going to be in for a rough time for a couple of years!
I seem to remember you were the person who made negative post after negative post about everything Ebbsfleet, until you took the 30 pieces of Silver and started kissing MyFC arses!

Take those glasses off Gary.........There is a real world out there!

MYFC is just a red herring in relation to our survival.

We were short of cash when we were G&N hence the name change. We had no cash before MYFC but they gave us a stay of execution. They gave us a year of continuation but we need to be self sustaining.

A new ground isn't the panacea everyone thinks, but it would help.The previous council seemed very supportive - this one not so.

MYFC is just a red herring in relation to our survival.
We were short of cash when we were G&N hence the name change. We had no cash before MYFC but they gave us a stay of execution. They gave us a year of continuation but we need to be self sustaining.
A new ground isn't the panacea everyone thinks, but it would help.The previous council seemed very supportive - this one not so.

I just don't buy it Gaz, why do Ebbsfleet need a new stadium? Would it bring in more fans? How many? At what cost?

As an extra, a good analogy is our comparison with Burton albion. both teams promoted to the conference in the same year (2002)both had old, run down grounds, and both had average gates of about 1200.

There the similarity ends. We kept our old ground, they moved into their new shiny stadium. Our gates and progress have stagnated, they have shown a slow and steady increase in crwds and have performed better almost every year.

they are now football league, we are still at Stonebridge Road.

Linked?

Probably, and worthy of a reasonable debate.