Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Grays Manager

ronin

• 2 months later...

According to this he has been sacked

http://www.football.co.uk/grays_athletic/i_did_nothing_wrong_says_edwards_rss158606.shtml

Ex-Grays Athletic manager Craig Edwards says he was shocked to be sacked after just two months in the job.

Edwards and assistant Steve Browne were sacked on Tuesday after just over two months in the job, without taking charge of a competitive game.

"Mr Woodward [Mick, chief executive] came in on Tuesday and sacked us," Edwards told BBC Essex.

"I don't think we've done anything detrimental to the club since

we started and we weren't given a reason."

Grays have brought in former Weymouth boss Alan Lewer to help coach Gary Phillips with the first team and they will take charge for Saturday's Blue Square Premier opener at home to Chester.

If you look at the other managers who've gone then I'm in pretty good company Craig Edwards on the high turnover of managers at Grays

"We put together a decent side in the time we were there but Mr Woodward didn't share that view and players were signed behind our backs," Edwards continued.

"We were forced to release some of our signings and 14 of our 21-man squad we had for a friendly at Margate were gone by the next week."

Grays have had 12 managers in the last three years and it is all a far cry from when Mark Stimson led the Essex club to two FA Trophy victories and the Conference play-offs.

"If you look at the other managers who've gone then I'm in pretty good company but this hasn't soured my relationship with the game and I hope to get back in as soon as possible."

No-one at Grays Athletic Football Club was willing to comment.

He had a good game on Saturday, if this is true perhaps he was trying to impress someone. Question is though, why turn them down a month ago, only to sign once Edwards has left?

Grays have signed Paul Terry today and Dean Morgan, whilst releasing Michael Haswell - A swap for Patten? Haswell is a left-back.

I hear Lucky is possibly on his way out of Canvey too, although not to Grays.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
He had a good game on Saturday, if this is true perhaps he was trying to impress someone. Question is though, why turn them down a month ago, only to sign once Edwards has left?

Grays have signed Paul Terry today and Dean Morgan, whilst releasing Michael Haswell - A swap for Patten? Haswell is a left-back.

I hear Lucky is possibly on his way out of Canvey too, although not to Grays.

Rumours Rumours..

Can't see either of them happening to be honest..

I may be wrong..

I'd be disappointed to lose Patten to be honest, think he's slowly getting his form back. Like I said, was impressed with him Saturday.

Been reading on the Blue-Square Premier forum that Haswell has actually gone to Welling.

Talk of Lucky on Saturday was just that, talk. Can't see him leaving Canvey, especially to play in Ryman North.

Patten has been poor in the pre-season games ive seen him play.Where as last season when fit i thought he was our best player.They may be just rumours But from what ive heard its a done deal... Im not bothered either way tbh! I think halle has taken over from patten as the main centre half.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

Talk of Lucky on Saturday was just that, talk. Can't see him leaving Canvey, especially to play in Ryman North.

When Luck signed for us a few people commented that he would be off as soon as he was left out of the starting X1, to be fair he stuck it out last season but i can't see him putting up with being 3rd or 4th choice this season. I dare say there are a couple of clubs in Ryman North who would offer more money than us and a place in the team each game so i wouldn't be shocked to see him drop down a level if a club came in for him.

The partnership between Patten and Everett on Saturday showed some signs of quality, with Mooro marshalling them and Westy with his experience.

Without a left-back signed yet, I would go as far as to say that last Saturday's back four, with the exception of Halle for Mooro would've been the first choice back four for the season. If Patten has gone, that automatically makes Halle his replacement, partnering Mooro as the two centre-halves, which to me makes our back-line too slow.