Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and the new manager is.......................

By asking for CVs we might just get the perfect candidate who the Board didn't imagine would be interested and therefore didn't consider. Of course we'll also get the jokers who write in for every managerial post going. smile

He did put LATEst not up to datest. evil

Never got a no email so you never know.. excited

Steve and Del have the winning touch and have a nucleus of players in tow who will improve your fortunes without bankrupting you. Exciting times in prospect.

To: Enfield Town Supporters Society Members

Enfield Town FC are delighted to announce that they have secured the services of Steve Newing and Del Deanus as joint managers with immediate effect. Steve and Del have proven experience and success at this level. Following success at Edgware Town, the pair have had spells at Leyton and most recently Welwyn Garden City , where they turned around a poor start with an impressive run of form to go from 2nd bottom to finish 9th overall. The club believe they have what it takes to move things forward at Enfield Town.

The club will also be bringing in former Enfield FC manager George Borg to work with the managers in a coaching capacity. Steve and Del are looking forward to working with George next season. He has a wealth of experience and despite his other work commitments, including coaching in the US, George has a lot to offer.

New manager Steve Newing said ' We are both looking forward to the opportunity to manage what we see as a very progressive club. We have a big challenge ahead to ensure Enfield Town are up there battling for promotion and we are really excited about it. We are also very pleased to have an opportunity to work with someone of George's calibre.'

I hate to always be the cynical one

BUT

these partnerships rarely work

which one/s will leave by Christmas?

Having said that I pledged not to go to watch a game home or away whilst that previous shower were in charge, so I look forward to seeing the improvement

Now if only ETFC would accept my money for sponsorship, which they have been in the envious position of repeatedly turning down maybe we couyd move forward

I'm not jumping up and down either but will give them a chance. Edgware, Welywn GC!!!??? thought the board wanted people with a proven track record at this or the level above. Also, I hate the joint manager idea. One man should take thehelm and selet a coaching tema below. If we win promotion then I accept I am wrong.