Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Pre-season games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
76 replies to this topic

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Sorry that us Town fans do not accept mediocraty (or treading water) as acceptable.That is the very reason we formed ETFC in the first place.If we see less than 100% commitment on the pitch WE WILL not sit back and accept it.We will be vocal if we see things we are not happy with.If we see players brought in that do not represent the club or deliver the pride we demand,again WE WILL not accept it.Thats the beauty of a supporter run club.

Talking of dwindling support.We have over 200 paid up members this season.And averaged over 200 at home this season,despite unacceptable displays on the pitch.Despite not having any well supported away teams left in our league.Despite the credit crunch.Despite Brimsdown being less than an attactive venue to play at..etc.

That desire for perfection has brought Town these trophies since the clubs split 8 years ago.

ESL title Twice
ESL League cup Twice
Middlesex Charity Cup Twice
Gordan Brasted Throphy
Feeder League Trophy

What is EFC/1893's trophy count since the spilt?

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
So you have moved up ten places in eight years.. applause

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
You're quite welcome to list Romfords trophy collection in tha last 8 seaons as well if want Coup. whistle

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
Erm two.. and none of them have cost us a copper coin and guess what.. we start next season on parity with the Townies.. ever read the Hare and the Tortoise?

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
So a newly formed supporters club with no money, has won six more throphies since they were formed than Romford??

Apparently in the Oxford Dictonary of Phrase,Saying,and Quotation.Under the entry: 'Treading Water',it simply reads 'Romford Fc' read

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
cheeseburger

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Poor come back Coup, admit it LS just delivered the knockout blow in that trade off!! evil

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
To be fair,i think they said they would be willing to play it at our ground if a date could be found for that.

Yes, but surely you look to host clubs from a higher level in your home friendlies?

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Syrup- I think its decent of you guys to offer us (ETFC) a 'friendly', however, I think that friendship and mutual respect at board level need to be created rather than the 'lets be having it on the pitch' approach. The harmony of our beloved EFC and now 1893 supporters in the 8 years since the split has been somewhat abusive as some of the comments on this thread show. It's no secret of some of the abuse our board members and supporters got from previous matches between the two clubs and in my opinion we dont need to invite that kind of behaviour at the levels we are currently at.

First things first, I think, and thats for both sets of board members to show there is dialogue and genuine friendship between the two clubs.

Secondly, why would our club want to entertain 1893 when your ultimate dream would be to oust us from our continuos progress?

I'm an ETFC member and I would'nt want a friendly with 1893, just a personal view and nothing else.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Syrup- I think its decent of you guys to offer us (ETFC) a 'friendly', however, I think that friendship and mutual respect at board level need to be created rather than the 'lets be having it on the pitch' approach. The harmony of our beloved EFC and now 1893 supporters in the 8 years since the split has been somewhat abusive as some of the comments on this thread show. It's no secret of some of the abuse our board members and supporters got from previous matches between the two clubs and in my opinion we dont need to invite that kind of behaviour at the levels we are currently at. Really ? when did this happen then as that one got by me ? Chants from both ends with colourful language maybee But thats nothing new ,I dont recollect Town board members being abused at matches ? If your talking about comments on this message board both sides give as good as they get

First things first, I think, and thats for both sets of board members to show there is dialogue and genuine friendship between the two clubs. A friendly was offered by Steve Whittington you turned it down, so hardly a friendly gesture from your committee,In fact quite the opposite

Secondly, why would our club want to entertain 1893 when your ultimate dream would be to oust us from our continuos progress? Isn't that the point of playing football ,To beat the opposition ? If you mean the Q E Your club wasn't the only club that was entitled to apply for it . doh

I'm an ETFC member and I would'nt want a friendly with 1893, So you wouldn't want a reasonable sized gate to kick the season off then ? As I recall Town and E's matches have always been well attended so you'd rather play other step 4/5 clubs and end up with a 100ish gate or less just because you dont wish to play us doh just a personal view and nothing else.
I can see why Gazza and co continually contradict you.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: TopGun
Syrup- I think its decent of you guys to offer us (ETFC) a 'friendly', however, I think that friendship and mutual respect at board level need to be created rather than the 'lets be having it on the pitch' approach. The harmony of our beloved EFC and now 1893 supporters in the 8 years since the split has been somewhat abusive as some of the comments on this thread show. It's no secret of some of the abuse our board members and supporters got from previous matches between the two clubs and in my opinion we dont need to invite that kind of behaviour at the levels we are currently at. Really ? when did this happen then as that one got by me ? Chants from both ends with colourful language maybee But thats nothing new ,I dont recollect Town board members being abused at matches ? If your talking about comments on this message board both sides give as good as they get

First things first, I think, and thats for both sets of board members to show there is dialogue and genuine friendship between the two clubs. A friendly was offered by Steve Whittington you turned it down, so hardly a friendly gesture from your committee,In fact quite the opposite

Secondly, why would our club want to entertain 1893 when your ultimate dream would be to oust us from our continuos progress? Isn't that the point of playing football ,To beat the opposition ? If you mean the Q E Your club wasn't the only club that was entitled to apply for it . doh

I'm an ETFC member and I would'nt want a friendly with 1893, So you wouldn't want a reasonable sized gate to kick the season off then ? As I recall Town and E's matches have always been well attended so you'd rather play other step 4/5 clubs and end up with a 100ish gate or less just because you dont wish to play us doh just a personal view and nothing else.

Like I said it's just a personal view. Additionally, like i've said before if you want to find faults, mis-understand the type and twist sentences and views to create contradictions, then you'll find them. I can contradict your views, but instead i've read them and respect them. Anyway it does not matter.

If a friendly match offer has been turned down then it does not mean our board are unfriendly. It just means thanks but no thanks, but not never.

For the record, the last time EFC came to the Town, their was a lot of swearing and quite a few had too much to drink, I remember it clearly as my youngest son ended up on my lap in fear. I also remember swearing towards Roger Read, so hope these two examples are enough for you guys to hummmmmmmmmm on. These are facts that I witnessed.

In the meantime I'll still wish you guys luck for the coming season.

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Gooch ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
Originally Posted By: TopGun

Like I said it's just a personal view. Additionally, like i've said before if you want to find faults, mis-understand the type and twist sentences and views to create contradictions, then you'll find them. I can contradict your views, but instead i've read them and respect them. Anyway it does not matter.

If a friendly match offer has been turned down then it does not mean our board are unfriendly. It just means thanks but no thanks, but not never.

For the record, the last time EFC came to the Town, their was a lot of swearing and quite a few had too much to drink, I remember it clearly as my youngest son ended up on my lap in fear. I also remember swearing towards Roger Read, so hope these two examples are enough for you guys to hummmmmmmmmm on. These are facts that I witnessed.

In the meantime I'll still wish you guys luck for the coming season.

Like most people I don't normally agree with Enfield United but on this matter I have to say that he is spot on.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I'll second that. Of all the clubs that we have hosted, the now defunct EFC's fans were the most abusive.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
Really??? We will have to do something about that next season then.. grin

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Its funny Coup becasue the Rosedale Estate 90612 fans I know are decent blokes. Their worst one though is Russ. He screams abuse to everyone during games!!!

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
Oi don't dis Russ..he's my mate.. Hi Russ.....

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Hi coup is that Mr Happy making trouble again.

russ

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
You sit in the corner and get me a drink Russ.. I will sort him out.. smile

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
next time i see you then ........... LOL

russ