Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Pre-season games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
76 replies to this topic

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Hi Mr Happy you ok my friend

russ

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Enfield United ,Last time we played at Brimsdown We was accused of racial abuse of Jerome John which was the biggest load of crap that I ever came accross from you people , considoring half our team has black/mixed race players ,I found that an exraordinary statement. I take anything you people say with a pinch of salt .

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Unleash hell TG.. smile

offline russ

russ
dont let him wind you up tony take it like a man

russ

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: russ
Hi Mr Happy you ok my friend

russ

Well thanks Russ. Gald the season's over and can enjoy loads of BBQs and copious quantities of wine!!!

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
You are always whining!

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: TopGun
Enfield United ,Last time we played at Brimsdown We was accused of racial abuse of Jerome John which was the biggest load of crap that I ever came accross from you people , considoring half our team has black/mixed race players ,I found that an exraordinary statement. I take anything you people say with a pinch of salt .

I think this just cements my view that boardroom level needs to be co-operating on friendly basis. It should be seen by both set of supporters that both boards are friendly and for this to be healthily passed down through the ranks (I say down, in the view that board members set the standard to be followed)

Once thats achieved, then we should encourage supporters to be as passionate as they wish without being abusive or under the influence of alcohol, both illegal acts of the law.

Clubs must also be seen to promote the FA's respect program, which covers all aspects of footy from the dumb parent shouting out at a youth match to the examples I've given above.

Therefore theres some work to be done if the negatives I've mentioned still exist and players accusing others of racism as well (whether true or not), however, JJ is a responsible fella of high moral values so I would'nt take his views with a pinch of salt.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Why do clubs necessarily have to be co-operative and overtly friendly at boardroom or fan level to play eachother in a friendly?? Don't think we were either of those things with Barnet,but beating them (our local rivals) in a pre season friendly,was always more pleasing than all the other run of the mill friendlies.AND the revenue was always greater through the turnstile than for a standard friendly.Town would get over 200 at home for any friendly against 1893.Which would be double the takings we could expect from a standard friendly.

offline russ

russ
for once i totaly agree with you lovely stuff

russ

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
.....For the record, the last time EFC came to the Town, their was a lot of swearing and quite a few had too much to drink.............

The last time EFC came to Town I stood behind their goal chatting to a couple of their fans for about 10 mins, I met & chatted with Enfield Horn, didnt hear any untoward swearing, certainly nothing that you dont hear behind the Town goal every home game & as for having a few that had a few too many to drink, again have you been behind the goal on matchdays?

Just a personal view, but I would love a friendly with EFC as I agree with LS, the income & interest would be greater than most league games this season.......... alternatly we could look forward to Hendon, Harlow etc etc.........Cue Brunob! evil

I think it would be good to start as someone else suggested a Memorial Trophy type thing which is contested every pre-season.

I also believe it is time to get over "IT", whatever "IT" is, on both sides, and for some to get over themselves!!

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Why do clubs necessarily have to be co-operative and overtly friendly at boardroom or fan level to play eachother in a friendly?? Don't think we were either of those things with Barnet,but beating them (our local rivals) in a pre season friendly,was always more pleasing than all the other run of the mill friendlies.AND the revenue was always greater through the turnstile than for a standard friendly.Town would get over 200 at home for any friendly against 1893.Which would be double the takings we could expect from a standard friendly.
Nicely put L S applause

Gazza Its time all this I'll feeling stopped and that we all grow up a bit,Both have new locations now , Its time everyone moved on and got on with it. I wish a friendly can still be fitted in but thats up to your boardroom to give supporters of both clubs what we all want ....well except E U doh

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: JAX
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Nicely put L S applause

Gazza Its time all this I'll feeling stopped and that we all grow up a bit,Both have new locations now , Its time everyone moved on and got on with it. I wish a friendly can still be fitted in but thats up to your boardroom to give supporters of both clubs what we all want ....well except E U doh

I agree, we need to put a stop to this 'ill feeling' as you state and that starts at the top. It will not be solved with a sudden request for a friendly then leave yourselves scratching your heads why one side are not jumping at it.

I cant believe you did'nt notice anything anti-social Gazza the last time we played each other.

To be positive self denial needs to be ommitted. But I stress this is only my view, however with Bruno agreeing with some of my comments, at least I have the dignity to air the concerns I see, I apologise if this disappoints some of you.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
......It will not be solved with a sudden request for a friendly then leave yourselves scratching your heads why one side are not jumping at it.

I cant believe you did'nt notice anything anti-social Gazza the last time we played each other.

So is it a group hug thats needed then? doah

For crying out loud its about a 90 mins pre season friendly football match, which would bring much needed income, all thats needed is a bit of respect & politeness.

Seriously I saw nothing untoward at the last meeting other than the usual witty & sometimes close to the mark banter (barracking the keeper, chants etc) I dont go in the bar after games so if thats when it happened I wouldnt have seen anything.

Was this anti-social behaviour as bad (or embarrasing) as certain Town fans during & after the game against Wingate this season?

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Gazza
......It will not be solved with a sudden request for a friendly then leave yourselves scratching your heads why one side are not jumping at it.

So is it a group hug thats needed then? doah

For crying out loud its about a 90 mins pre season friendly football match, which would bring much needed income, all thats needed is a bit of respect & politeness.

Seriously I saw nothing untoward at the last meeting other than the usual witty & sometimes close to the mark banter (barracking the keeper, chants etc) I dont go in the bar after games so if thats when it happened I wouldnt have seen anything.

Was this anti-social behaviour as bad (or embarrasing) as certain Town fans during & after the game against Wingate this season?

Gazza-I'm not being heavy in my tone, so dont mis-understand, however, I would say that it did'nt compare to the ONE individuel who overreacted against Wingate this season, it was far worse and it did go on throughout the match.

All i'm saying is that there IS animosity between the clubs and yes still is, even though there are decent folks who want to move on for sport, banter and good social reasons.

As i've said harmony starts at the top with this case/scenario and it does not exist on both sides, we can blame them they can blame us, so what?? They can say we've asked that and we can say we've said that, so what??

Both sides need to get on first so why risk kicking off a pre-season that still could bring unpleasentness when it can be easily avoided.

Anyway shall we give this topic a rest now??

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
my god what a boring thread this is - round and round in circles, all agreeing to disagree, then huigging etc etc.

one saying that the townies are the best supported in their league despite not having any away supporters, then the other moaning about E's fans being the most abusive they have ever had ( which given the earlier statement would be 1 out of 1 then).

cant we just close this thread down and enjoy the sun and CRICKET for gods sake.
back to work - day trade some shares and move on to next year in august / september.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
but how fvcking boring would that be? grin

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: SirGarfieldSober
my god what a boring thread this is - round and round in circles, all agreeing to disagree, then huigging etc etc.

one saying that the townies are the best supported in their league despite not having any away supporters, then the other moaning about E's fans being the most abusive they have ever had ( which given the earlier statement would be 1 out of 1 then).

cant we just close this thread down and enjoy the sun and CRICKET for gods sake.
back to work - day trade some shares and move on to next year in august / september.

Hope you've made good use of the Sun, cos its gone now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus