Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nostalgia

Tom S

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Tom S
I've started scanning the best of my pictures from the 80s. The first few can be found here

Nostalgia

I'll be adding to this throughout the summer, hopefully a bit more quickly once I get the hang of the scanner.

Would you like some of my holiday snaps?

If you spent your holidays at EFC games, why not?

Fantastic memories Tom, the crowd the white picket fence in front of the main stand, the grassy banks on the other side, the buildings in the background, Steve King, Dave Flint ..... I've got to stop I'm welling up!! evil

I showed the wife & she asked if the photo with the crowd was an FA cup game against a "BIG" team!!

I told her the "BIG" team were at home & playing in White!!

All the ones I've done so far have been from colour slides that I took between about 83 and 86. I know I've got files of black and white negatives stored away somewhere but I haven't found them yet, so I don't know what state they're in.

Watch this space... smile

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Fantastic memories Tom, the crowd the white picket fence in front of the main stand, the grassy banks on the other side, the buildings in the background, Steve King, Dave Flint ..... I've got to stop I'm welling up!! evil

I showed the wife & she asked if the photo with the crowd was an FA cup game against a "BIG" team!!

I told her the "BIG" team were at home & playing in White!!

And the manager was certainly a 'big hitter'. Knew his best team and how to manage.

I can only echo the comments made on the pic's. It was the time I started being a regular in my mid-late teens watching EFC.

From what I understand Mark Warburton is coaching quite high up at Watfords academy and Dermot Drummy is one of the senior academy coaches at Chelsea.

Dave Flint runs the Winchmore Hill Vet's team (very competitive apparently) and Steve King has just put on an ounce or two since that pic.

The crowd was interesting, just goes to show that there is interest in the borough for one senior non-league club that can provide a decent level of footy with characters to along with it too.

Great photos!! I had the pleasure of playing alongside Dave Flint for a season and learnt a hell of a lot from him. Paul "Tinker" Taylor gave me my 1st bash at non league football, transfering me from a centre half to a bustling centre forward (his words) smile I have fond memories of both men.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

The crowd was interesting, just goes to show that there is interest in the borough for one senior non-league club that can provide a decent level of footy with characters to along with it too.

Have to agree about the crowd.

IF Town can just move up a League AND sort out the ground, OH and be reasonably successful, then we have to hope that "several hundred" may eventually come along to matches.

It's unlikely Town we ever see the thousands that once graced Southbury Road - that's just the way it is.

All the foundations are still there for the club to be great again, I already have some very big name players interested in joining if I got the job. I believe with the right players and right people in charge we could emulate the teams of the 80's. who's with me????!!!!!!????!!!!!!????!!!!! smile

Originally Posted By: BillyCove#10
All the foundations are still there for the club to be great again, I already have some very big name players interested in joining if I got the job. I believe with the right players and right people in charge we could emulate the teams of the 80's. who's with me????!!!!!!????!!!!!!????!!!!! smile

excited I excited BELIEVE. excited