Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brimmo Working Parties

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Not exclusively. The majority of the income comes from activities perhaps better associated with BSSC and the Goldsdown Board direct, eg private functions/members' expenditure, etc.

So what about increased use of all the pitches? Is the extra income shared or just going in one direction?

I imagine that all of the revenue goes to Goldsdown Holdings, whose Board decides whether it's to be invested, distributed, saved, etc. as provided for in the terms of the Lease and good busines practice. Realistically, and with such a maintenance backlog at Goldsdown Road and other overheads to be met, I'd be surprised if a preferential dividend to either or both football clubs is likely to be made very often.

Let's just wait and see when all accounts are published. There has to be some financial benefits for ETFC. Maybe we will find out when we have a meeting in the old board room!

Yes, there I'm sure there is some financial advantage. But don't forget, the real benefit was always the playing security of a 30 year joint lease.

Profiting from commercial property ownership is a very risky busy at the best of times, and none of GH, BSSC or ETFC is set up to take those risks. Indeed, I am sure there would be extreme resistence to any cash call from supporters to facilitate doing so. So we need to be careful if we think we are going to have it both ways (ie reward with no risk).

In the long term that is probably going to be a significant problem for the parties, as there is no overt planning to replace what is in reality a time expired asset. In my view that should have been in place ahead of securing the long Lease, to enable maximum financial advantage of the interest rate position to have been achieved. That boat has been well and truly missed now.

My guess is that the main body of the building will fail at a point where there's not enough security left in the Lease to be able to fund major repair or replacement. There's also the question of lost long term reveneue streams to be rued.

So ETFC and BRFC have equal votes in decided things at Goldsdown Road, BUT Goldsdown Holdings have the final say on a split vote.?? Who are Goldsdown Holdings.Is it basically a sub section fo the Brimsdown rovers FC committe.If so,that basically nullifies any influence that we should have.Which is unacceptable as 50% lease holders.I was led to believe that any deciding vote in a deadlock situation would be carried by a independent body.(most probably an Enfield council committee).

I personally think ETFC need to look very carefully at the brimsdown situation once we've moved to the QE and decide if its actually in our benifit to continue to carry on the long term lease at Goldsdown Rd.Thwe only benifits i can see is that we would still have a back up ground if things went tits up at the QE.We would have another base for minor games..etc.The downsides seem to be contining putting resourses and man hours into the site when we need to focus all that money and effort into building up the QE.

Resources into an 'equal' partnership whereby ETFC are not able to make use of rejuvenated facilities does beg the question as to whether the partnership is equal and what do we get out of it?

I suspect it is the exclusive use, by both BRFC and ETFC on match days/evenings, that is in conflict with the rights of all members of BSSC & ETFC. While ETFC is in effect a single entity, BSSC is a much broader church and has many members who are not remotely interested in the football played there (or anything sporting related). I imagine that there is realistically little choice but to recognise those rights.

It's a shame there was no amicable solution available.

I think that there are a number of people in the current generation who have made BSSC a reasonably 'active' organisation that generates money and interest in its activities. That wasn't the case a few years, and that members had got a bit 'lazy'.

I suspect it just demonstrates what a bit of leadership can do, and people pulling in the same direction.

So, still no one can come up with a logical reason to spend money, in a time of recession and on the back of a cr&p season, that blatantly does not need to be spent.

I'm glad that Goldsdown Holdings or ETFC or BRFC are making sufficent profit to enjoy this luxury accomodation.

Shame the money couldn't be spent on players, or floodlights, or advertising or.......................

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
So, still no one can come up with a logical reason to spend money, in a time of recession and on the back of a cr&p season, that blatantly does not need to be spent.

I'm glad that Goldsdown Holdings or ETFC or BRFC are making sufficent profit to enjoy this luxury accomodation.

Shame the money couldn't be spent on players, or floodlights, or advertising or.......................

It's not about logic, it's about necessity. Although I did think that having the Board on the stage reinforced its point about accessibility.

It's not about logic, it's about necessity. Although I did think that having the Board on the stage reinforced its point about accessibility.

Its necessary to have a 4th function room/facility at Brimsdown?

Sorry I really dont get this
The Downs
The Lounger
The Main Bar
now The Shed

it makes no sense at all

complete waste of time, money and effort

How is he in control?? Is he exclusively renting/leasing The Downs?? If so, who is he leasing it off?? The council??

Who is in control of allowing parking on The Downs on matchdays and midweek and who is in control of the gates that lead onto The Downs? Also,are those independent parties who use The Downs allowed to make use of The Brimsdown car park? (which i presume IS inder GH control??)

Its necessary to have a 4th function room/facility at Brimsdown?

Sorry I really dont get this
The Downs
The Lounger
The Main Bar
now The Shed

it makes no sense at all

complete waste of time, money and effort

Phil, it's not a "4th Function Room" but a Porta Cabin being refurbished to use as a Boardroom on Matchdays. Most of the Clubs we visit have a similar sort of Boardroom, some are even less "Basic". I am sure I will be able to make it very homely. At the end of the day I think it will be better for me as hopefully I will have somewhere to store all my Catering bits, rather than dragging them backwards and forwards every game.

doh

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
How is he in control?? Is he exclusively renting/leasing The Downs?? If so, who is he leasing it off?? The council??

Who is in control of allowing parking on The Downs on matchdays and midweek and who is in control of the gates that lead onto The Downs? Also,are those independent parties who use The Downs allowed to make use of The Brimsdown car park? (which i presume IS inder GH control??)

And a great job he's done in theyre too. you lot had a four year head start on that place so egg on faces there not to mention sower grapes. sick

I very much doubt Brimmo would ever be in a position to progress , Its called being realistic . so it makes little or no difference just how much the stadium has been improved to us . Its more for Townie's benefit than brimmo's . You understand ?