Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ainsley's Gone

ronin

Defender Joins AFC

Not letting the grass grow under his feet, AFC Sudbury manager Nicky Smith added yet another player to his squad after Thursday's training session.

The player is defender Stuart Ainsley, who started off his career with the Ipswich Town Academy and was with then for nearly ten years. He was released and joined Chelmsford City in 2006 and remained with them until 2008 when in October he briefly signed for Needham Market. He however signed for Canvey Island on 25th October and made his debut the same day.

Smith said "He is another player I have been chasing and am glad he has chosen to join us. He will give us some experience in defence despite being only 21 years of age. My squad of players is coming together well and our training sessions have been good and everyone has looked sharp. We have our first game at Haverhill next Tuesday and we will be raring to go"

http://www.afcsudbury.com/news/headlines.asp?ID=4004

From what i understand Stuart Ainsley lives very close to Sudbury and was finding the traveling to Canvey difficult so i suppose it makes sense for him to play his football closer to home..

Im sure John has new recruits up his sleeve! smile

Good Luck at AFC Sudbury Stuart..

Good luck to Stuart. Shame to lose a player of his quality but sure John has some decent replacements lined up.

• 1 month later...