Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tomorrow Vs Braintree Town

Matt H

I believe the lack of updates on the Official site is down to Glen Eckett being in Spain at the moment and the fact that the new website is still under construction

Anyway, we're at home to Braintree Town tomorrow and as I understand it we have a new Striker back from holiday in time to turn out for us tomorrow. A great signing once it's made official I feel.

Really looking forward to this one, hopefully Braintree will put out a strong squad so will be a great test for our players up against Conf. South opposition. I believe Cohen didn't play Tuesday due to injury - not sure if he's fit for tomorrow though.

Come on Canvey!!!

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I believe the lack of updates on the Official site is down to Glen Eckett being in Spain at the moment and the fact that the new website is still under construction

That's correct! I've just taken on the job of doing the programme, so don't really have much time to work on the new site now. Hopefully will be ready in the next few weeks though...

Originally Posted By: Canvey Fan 1926
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

That's correct! I've just taken on the job of doing the programme, so don't really have much time to work on the new site now. Hopefully will be ready in the next few weeks though...

And a great job you're doing too Charlie! I am particularly excited by the fact that we can have a different cover for every programme, makes them even more collectible.

As for the new Striker, I'm sure all should be revealed tomorrow.

Another good performance from Canvey this afternoon against a young Braintree line-up.

Starting XI was:

1. James Russell

2. Andrew West

3. Craig Davidson

4. Richard Halle

5. Chris Moore

6. Kevin Dobinson

7. Ian Luck

8. Ryan Edgar

9. Jay Curran

10. James Rowe

11. Gabriel Fanibuyan

Can anyone help with the other Subs? I have: Stuart Batch, Nick Reynolds, Reiss Noel, Yomi Adesoun, Richard Bastin, Danny ???, George ???

Richard Halle scored for Canvey in the first half with a thunderous header from an Ian Luck corner, before Leon Antoine equalised for Braintree late into the game.

Hopefully those players that came on a Subs today will get an extended run-out against Brightlingsea on Tuesday evening.

Plays in the same mold as Lee Boylan to me, a lot of the way he moved about and read the game was reminiscent of Boylan's Ryman Premier days. He was unlucky not to score the one-on-one in the second half, but he looks like a really useful player and if I'm fair will probably be first choice alongside Leon Gordon this season.

Is this the same James Rowe that was at Sudbury a couple of seasons ago?

Yes, been on holiday last week and got back today. Had things on today so couldn't make the match.

Be there Tuesday and Saturday.

Rowe is a good player from what I remember. Looking at Sudbury's website, he started last season there but ended the year at Leiston.