Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tiptree United 4-3 Canvey Island

Matt H

As the scoreline suggests, we looked very dangerous going forward and very shakey at the back. Our penalty was quite soft, though a further three much more convincing shouts were dismissed. Saying that, their penalty looked blatant as did another which again was turned down.

Overall, a good work out, just got to tighten things up at the back and we could be in for a good season!

Who got our goals, Glen?

Good work out for the lads last night on a fantastic playing surface.

Several senior players missing tonight including Richard Halle, Dobbo, Gab Fanibuyan, Frankie Everitt, Ian Luck, Jon Edwards plus a couple more. Jay Curran didn't turn up until half time after his car broke down on the A12.

Good to see young Nicky Reynolds scoring his first goal of pre season.

James Rowe looked excellent, very quick and his movement is exceptional, he will score lots of goals for us.

Defence is a worry but we were missing players that would improve the back line.

Agree with TGE Tiptree should walk the senior league.

Roll on Clacton on Saturday.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy

Several senior players missing tonight including Richard Halle, Dobbo, Gab Fanibuyan, Frankie Everitt, Ian Luck, Jon Edwards plus a couple more. Jay Curran didn't turn up until half time after his car broke down on the A12.

Mustafa?

We need a left back, a left winger and a midfielder who can bang in a few goals.

Centre back, left back, and a creative midfielder. With a lack of height up front, we're going to need to play some inventive football the season, a David Lee like player would be useful to bring Rowe/Curran/Gordon/Luck/Reynolds into the game.

Originally Posted By: ronin
I would have thought we have plenty of central defenders with Patten & Halle being my first choice pairing, then you have Moore & Everitt to come in with Dobbo also able to drop in.

Personally i would go with Halle and Everitt as the first choice pairing..

Patten hasn't looked himself so far pre season so you do wonder if he is still struggling with his hamstring.

Everitt also give you abit of extra pace

Yeah you can have different combinations it's just a position i feel we are well equipped at. As for Patten i find some players don't get going until the real football starts and hopefully he will be back on his game when the season starts.

So how would your starting 11 look at the moment?

I would start as follows:

Russell

West Halle Everett Left Back?

Gordon Fanibuyan Dobinson Cohen

Curran Rowe

Not sure on a left back although Crow can drop in there..