Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Echo

Matt H

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_ne...ball_club_move/

What a farce if you ask me! I've highlighted bits that I think are a joke!

Residents' concern about youth football club move

5:00pm Tuesday 4th August 2009

By Sarah Calkin

CONCERNS have been raised about whether a boys football club should be allowed to play on land regularly enjoyed by families.

Castle Point Council has offered Canvey Island Youth FC part of Leigh Beck Recreation Ground, on the seaward side of Canvey Island FC, off Park Lane.

The club is being forced from its current site, in Haven Road, to make way for the proposed

Guest MOB on the rock

I did not say that if anyone needs to know the truth about it PM me and I will share.

BTW I am not Vice Chair, I tell that bloody reporter time after time, I am Vice President.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_ne...ball_club_move/

What a farce if you ask me! I've highlighted bits that I think are a joke!

Residents' concern about youth football club move
5:00pm Tuesday 4th August 2009
By Sarah Calkin

CONCERNS have been raised about whether a boys football club should be allowed to play on land regularly enjoyed by families.

Castle Point Council has offered Canvey Island Youth FC part of Leigh Beck Recreation Ground, on the seaward side of Canvey Island FC, off Park Lane.

The club is being forced from its current site, in Haven Road, to make way for the proposed

I love the idea of families having picnics in the bit of land behind the ground...what a marvellous family day out!!

Unbelievable attitudes from some people...though these will be the very same people who will complain about vandalism etc due to the children on Canvey having sod all else to do and getting into trouble as a result.

Can't have it both way NIMBY's...

Whilst I understand residents concearns that there will be activity outside their front doors on Sundays but lets not go over board

The pitch at the Methane has been a boys football pitch for over 30 years which has been cared for by dads and mums so that the kids of Canvey Island had a pitch to be proud of. The council then decide that they need to put a road through it and now without doubt the best park pitch for many a mile will be lost forever.

I have read people say go to Waterside Farm but the fact is that is not only a poor substitute from what we had it also has no dressing room or toilet facilities and why should we accept anything less than we have.The council will demand rent for the pitch at Waterside whilst we pay only a peppercorn rent for the Methane pitch that is why parents whose kids play for Canvey Island Youth pay a lot less for their football than other clubs.

The council need to find Canvey Island Youth a home and the bottom line is Canvey is now so built up there is a lack of suitable sites.

The council cannot take 12 million pounds for a road and not spends a fraction of that to replace a fantastic facility used by thousands over the years.

We have been backed by Sporting England a major sporting body who has objected against the road till a new site and planning is granted.

Its in their hands .

If the moaning "picnickers" want a place to enjoy their meals, that's an open green space within walking distance then they can go to Kismet Park. For a nice walk to work off their picnic there is Canvey Heights which is a massive green area that I've seen people use for all sorts of recreational use - Picnics, cycling, kite-flying, photography shoots, etc. - That's what it's there for!!!

Guest MOB on the rock

We are going to use about a third of the open space, with two thirds remaining untouched except by those thrashing their motorbikes up and down the grass.

The area we will have will for once and for all put to rest all speculation of that land being used for building.

I p*****d myself when I read that article. As most of you know, I live on Park Avenue and have never once seen any "families picnicking" in that area. As MOB says, just lately that bit of land is being used by idiots racing bikes up and down. It is also an untidy bit of land and if Canvey Youth are not given a suitable replacement for the Methane pitch, then after a bit of hard work I am sure they would turn that bit of land into a much nicer area that will be used by far more people than the supposed picnickers!

I took a walk around the Seawall this afternoon after lunch. When I reached that piece of land, I saw 5 people sitting on the grass, one was a family eating fish & chips, another was two middle-aged women chatting, another was a young woman just taking in the weather. In the park were about 6 children playing on the equipment.

I stood there thinking about what the place would look like if another full-size football pitch was built behind our ground, again going North to South - The answer was a lot better than the overgrown square that is there currently! And you know, even if we did take up all that land there, there is still a hefty chunk of green space outside the houses that face to sea-wall to the West of it, plenty of picnic space! - I can't see a problem, it'll bring a bit of life to the area outside the football ground.

Take a look at this Multimap pic - http://www.multimap.com/s/NWuYCAOA - just how much room will a pitch take up compared to the land available.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_ne...new_pitch_plan/

The joke continues! I count ten adults, six kids and a baby in the photo!!!

Residents protest over club's new pitch plan

By Sarah Calkin

WORRIED residents have staged a protest against plans to move a boys

What an absolote joke, stopping kids playing football? Whatever next.

That land has seriously needed upgrading for donkeys years, would be the best thing ever for that wasteland to have a bit of work doing on it.

I wouldn't mind betting that the vast majority of those people complaining, moved to those houses knowing full well that a football stadium was right in front of their front window. They didn't complain at the reflection in price they got their house for because of it, thats for sure.

Some people complain for the sake of it. I particularly liked the following.

Guest MOB on the rock

Smoke and mirrors boys!!

Smoke and mirrors!!

What those residents dont know is we will never put the pitch there, that land is already earmarked for 18 low rent apartments for essential workers!!

Try viewing the planning application on the council web, its lockd!!

Guest MOB on the rock

Smoke and mirrors boys!!

Smoke and mirrors!!

What those residents dont know is we will never put the pitch there, that land is already earmarked for 18 low rent apartments for essential workers!!

Try viewing the planning application on the council web, its lockd!!