Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harrow Borough Vs Canvey Island

Matt H

Predictions for our first game of the season?!

Bet 365 have odds of 7/5 for an Away Win, no idea what that means! grin

I'm going for a 2-2 draw with Rowe scoring on his league debut and Leon Gordon bagging our second.

Attendance of 289.

Line-Up as the Squad stands assuming Halle and Edwards are still injured and Mustafa can't make the game:

---------- Russell ------------

Everett - Patten - Moore - West

Fanny - Crow - Dobbo - Cohen

----- Gordon -- Rowe -------

SUBS: Bastin, Allen, Edgar, Luck, Reynolds.

Harrow 1-2 Canvey

Gordon and Rowe.

Attendance: 203

Always get excited about the start of the season, but more-so when we play away on the opening day. I'm going on the Coach for the first time in a while so really looking forward to it.

Final Score: Harrow Borough 0-0 Canvey Island

Poor game all round to be fair! Still in pre-season mode by the way we played today. Thankfully Harrow were just as bad and I'm glad we've got this fixture out the way, we rarely do well at Harrow and the place is a complete dive. Nice Cheesy Chips though! Notice how the Harrow support doubled at half-time when the freeloaders wandered in?

Canvey Lined-Up:

1. Russell

2. Everett

3. West

4. Patten

5. Moore

6. Davidson

7. Gordon

8. Dobinson

9. Fanibuyan

10. Rowe

11. Cohen

SUBS: Batch, Curran, Edgar, Luck, Reynolds.

The formation came across resembling more of:

----------- Russell ----------

Everett - Patten - Moore - West

------- Crow -- Dobbo ---------

Gordon -- Fanibuyan -- Cohen

------------ Rowe -------------

Russell pulled off some great saves when called upon and was my candidate for Man of the Match. Fanibuyan played just behind Rowe with Rowe up front on his own and Cohen and Gordon out wide, which didn't work. Nor did bringing on Curran for Rowe late in the second half. Gordon had the first and hopefully only bad game I've seen him play and missed a penalty at the death, why Crow didn't take it, as per usual, no-one knows. Dobbo also smacked a free-kick against the crossbar with the 'Keeper well beaten. The backline although slow to react at times was resolute, especially full-backs Westy and Everett, both having good games. We lacked anything creative in the middle of the pitch though, two defensive Midfielders in Crow and Dobbo - nothing practical going forward, too much of a gap between them and Gabby, then Gabby and Rowe.

As John Batch was apparently serving a touch-line ban for whatever reason, Simon Liddle took over in the Canvey dugout for this afternoon.

The Referee had an abysmal performance and the penalty was probably the only right decision he made all afternoon. Again he was still in pre-season mode.

Roll on Ashford Town and hopefully a more composed performance for the Yellow Army at the Brockwell Stadium.

A bit dissapointing today. We didn't play the ball on the floor enough for my liking and James Rowe was too isolated at times up front.

Defence was ok and both Everett and Westy were excellent. Russell made some good saves as well.

A strange one with Gordon taking the penalty when our main penalty taker Crow was still on the field. Crow has missed very few penalties and you would have backed him to score right at the end of the game.

Still, a point is a better start than the opening game last season when we lost to Horsham. Hopefully we can get three points against Ashford Town on Tuesday.