Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Championship Manager 2010

Matt H

Anyone else downloaded and played the demo? You can now legitimately manage Canvey in the Ryman Prem for the coming season.

Had a quick look yesterday, the Squad is a bit out of date, (no new signings, still have Dave Lee, etc.) But hopefully this will be resolved before it's release on 11th September.

Personally, I still fancy the Football Manager series, which although comes out a month later on 30th October, looks like it runs a lot smoother than CM2010.

Not sure if the FM series are creating the lower leagues as managable, but to be honest I'm not that fussed. FM2009 was a quality installment that I'm still playing now, so I'm looking forward to FM2010 more, (although CM2010 is about

As far as I know, I don't think the Ryman League will be managable on FM2010.

I do the stats and research for Canvey on FM so although I will probably buy Championship Manager, my allegance will be with FM.

FM looks better and runs smoother than CM. Also I don't think CM has individual researchers for each club like FM has so the stats won't probably be as accurate.

Sports Interactive do/did sponsor AFCW, that's why they use them on their screenshots.

One thing I like on this new CM even though it's only minor is that the game plays like real-time. If you leave the news screen for a few minutes, news filters through like emails every few seconds rather than having to hit the continue button everytime.

FM2010 on the other hand have introduced a Create-A-Competition scenario where in effect you could create the Isthmian league to introduce into the database. Not sure how long that would take to set-up though, I would imagine it would just involve picking which teams are in it and where it fits into the football pyramid.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

FM2010 on the other hand have introduced a Create-A-Competition scenario where in effect you could create the Isthmian league to introduce into the database. Not sure how long that would take to set-up though, I would imagine it would just involve picking which teams are in it and where it fits into the football pyramid.

From what I've heard Matt, you can activate the Isthmian League, Southern League etc to play in your game so won't have to create new leagues.

Those divisions are on the game already but are hidden but using the editor you can activate them and play with any of the teams in that competition.

Will find out for definite for you but this was the impression I got from reading the SI forum.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

From what I've heard Matt, you can activate the Isthmian League, Southern League etc to play in your game so won't have to create new leagues.

Those divisions are on the game already but are hidden but using the editor you can activate them and play with any of the teams in that competition.

Will find out for definite for you but this was the impression I got from reading the SI forum.

Hope this is true. Have to say championship manager used to be pretty decent from what i can remember mostly play FM now and IMO the best championship manager has to be my favourite the 01/02 season

Originally Posted By: canveyspur
I read today CM are offering thier game on the internet, you pay whatever you want as long as its above 1p, you then have to download it from there website on the day it is released.

http://play.tm/news/26188/eidos-let-users-choose-price-of-cm-2010/

A clever move by Eidos to try and get the Football Manager fans playing their game instead, will have to see how it goes...I'll definitely be having one though and guiding Canvey to the dizzy heights of the Blue Square South before leaving to take over the reigns of the mighty Thurrock...

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
A clever move by Eidos to try and get the Football Manager fans playing their game instead, will have to see how it goes...I'll definitely be having one though and guiding Canvey to the dizzy heights of the Blue Square South before leaving to take over the reigns of the mighty Thurrock...

haha the mighty Thurrock

Originally Posted By: Urchin_Rat_Man
Why buy the new one. Championship Manager 01/02 is by far the greatest football management game in history. You can also download updates from the CM01/02 website for free.

Have to agree Dan I still play that game today and will deffo play it more now you get updates for it.