Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island Vs Maidstone Utd

Matt H

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Those are the laws Ronin, but you can't say that an assistant referee in the other half of the pitch can have a better view that either the ref or other lino, as he was over half of a pitch away. Regardless if he saw it as clear as the rest of us, you will never see a lino give that, just won't happen. Before a match the referee will chat to his two assistants and let them know in which areas he would like them to give decisions, which will be in an area where he believes he can see the action clearly enough to be sure.

He obviously did have a better view as he said he saw it and the other officials didn't bigshock I'm fully aware the ref briefs his "team" before a game but any official who does not flag an offence wherever it is on the pitch because it might embarrass the ref is guilty of cheating.

Everyone moans when Ferguson and Wenger use the old "i didn't see it" excuse, i certainly don't want our officials to start going the same way.

The whole point is that the lino saw it, wether or not he is on the opposite side is a load of bollox and he could of easily mentioned it to the ref. Just because they have been briefed before the game, does that make ALL lino's robots.

It's a bit of an idealistic view unfortunately, it would be like the referee standing on the centre spot and officiating from there. Sure he will see certain incidents, but he would need to be a lot closer to be sure that he is giving the correct decision. Linos up the other end of the pitch giving penalties would be a very dangerous precedent to set, which is why it hasn't happened in the past and won't happen in the near future.

Guest MOB on the rock
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
It's a bit of an idealistic view unfortunately, it would be like the referee standing on the centre spot and officiating from there.....

Thats what the donkey who refereed the ressies the other night did..

The point is the lino most at fault was surely the one who did see it but did not have the balls to call the ref over and say. "I saw a hand ball", the ref then has to make a decision.

The lino would not make a decision, he must however say what he saw.

The three officials were wrong and I think they have a duty to raise any incident they see, and not hide behind the fact it was not in their half!

If the lino is on the halfway line as he was in this circumstance, of course he could see it, in fact he said he did.

How many times when a fight breaks out does the lino from far away point out that he saw a player kick or strike out when the refs back was turned, the player always gets dissmissed.