Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray Wanderers 1-2 Canvey Island

Matt H

Nice to come away with a win from a game where you didn't play that well.

Better teams would've punished us, but we should've won by at least three clear goals anyway.

Our first was a good effort. James Rowe went shoulder to shoulder with the Cray no.3 who stuck out his foot and put the ball past his own 'keeper. Goal was credited to Rowe though and will probably appear as that in the Referee's report.

Cray replied almost immediately. Ben Patten's half-cleared header fell to the feet of the Cray attacker, who beat Richard Halle and smashed it past James Russell.

Rowe scored his 'second' from the penalty spot after having his shirt pulled whilst through on goal. He slotted it cooly into the bottom left corner of the goal.

Cray's no. 4 was sent off for two bookable offences and they probably should've had another one walk too. Canvey were lucky not to have Halle sent off themselves.

Man of the Match for me was Frank Everett, he and Westy have been consistantly our best performers so far this season.

Personally I think Gabby should be put back in the middle of the pitch, not out on the right, he is so more effective there and Curran up front with Rowe. Rowe and Leon are too alike if you're going to play hoof-ball.

They were terrible, we were poor, the officials were awful once again - but we won so happy days!!

The first 25 minutes I thought we were going to smash 4 or 5 in. We were knocking the ball around well, and they were one of the poorest sides I've seen in the Ryman Prem. Leon & Rowe should both have ensured the scoreline was a lot greater, but it wasn't to be.

Also very odd that the ref gave us a penalty and sends one of their players off, and yet I still think he was utter rubbish! How many more poor officials will we have this season, not too many I hope...

As Blacky said on the coach back, it's the sign of a good team to play badly and win, and that is what we did. Roll on next Saturday when we will face a much tougher challenge in the high flying Hitchin.

Not a classic but another 3 points.. Thats 10 out of 12 away points which can't be bad..

I still don't think we have clicked as a team yet so im very very pleased with 3rd in the table.. To be fair we could have had at least another 4 points on the board if things we have gone our way..

We sit 3rd tonight so thats hope the people of the island and castle point get behind the club.. BIG BIG game coming up Saturday now against a decent Hitchin side, that hope for a good FA Cup run..

Well done today lads, keep it up!

We were certainly not at our best yesterday and made hard work of the victory against a side who played with ten men for the final 30 minutes.

Thought Frankie Everett and Westy were our best players and certainly these two have been consistently our best players so far this season.

We missed alot of chances to seal the victory and then were hanging on a bit at the end with a couple of efforts cleared off the line.

A win is a win though and hopefully we'll play better next week against Hitchin.