Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My first experience with CM4

Bought CM 4 just some weeks ago. I don't know what others do, but when I start a new game, I always starts from the bottom and randomly select a team. Then I can, hopefully, work my way up the leagues and get offered a new job. I always done that at the previous versions of CM, and have done it this time too.

In CM4 I started with Halifax in Conference and no money to spend on transfers. Only free transfers then. The first season we ended as 11th, and the board was pleased. In my second season we started terrible, and I got the sack without any warnings already in late september! No warning, no ultimatum, just got the sack!

Then I was unemployed the rest of the season, noone wanted me until I got the job at halesowen Town in june next year. The club has just been promoted to Conference, and had actually 6K to spend on players!

But the fun thing was that they didn't have any players! The squad was empty, just reserve and U19-players in grey, so I had to go out on the free transfer market and get me a whole team! I have never experienced that in any CM-game before.

Anyway, the first season I didn't have a full substitute bench in any game, always missed 2 or 3 players. In one match I had to send my reserve goalie out on the field!

But I reached the playoff in the first season with them, and got promoted to third! Than I lost the playoff in my first season in third, but the next season I also reached the playoff and was promoted to second division!

My first season in the second was terrible, I was in the relegation sone from the start. but then I cahnged formation and won 7 of the 8 last games, and avoided relegation!

Now I'm in my second season in second div, and currently number 15 after 10 matches.

I have only paid for 3-4 players, the rest is on free transfers, so now I actually have over £600.000 to use on players, but my problem is that my wage budget is to low, so even if I can afford a good player, he doesn't want to come because my wage budget stops me offering him a good salary.

My best "buy", on free transfer, is Stern John, he have scored over 200 goals for Halesowen! This season I got the norwegian ex-international Erik Mykland for free, he's 36 but still plays like a God!

Don't use any editors.

Per-Helge