Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welcome to the new CIFC Forum

.Ian

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Wasn't Jervais one of your alter egos as well, Merv?

Are you telling me that Merv wrote The Office? If so, I think the David Brent dance on the pitch at half time may be in order for next season!

Oh Darling, you remember me. How sweet.

I've not been around much recently following my operation (it's available on the National Health now, you know). Things didn't go totally to plan and the surgeon was perfecly beastly to me, not sympathetic at all.

I always liked the Canvey fans. They really know how to treat a female impersonator. Hornchurch fans are so rough.

Ha ha. Quality!!

Originally Posted By: richard sparkes
i cant understand how u can just stop going to watch a team and start supporting another

I know what you mean Rich. I have been up here for almost three years and have never had the urge to support another team since i left.

I live 10 minutes from Bramall Lane and have Sheffield Wednesday near me too. I could have made a trip to see Hallam or Sheffield FC if i wanted to get into the whole feel of the Non-league atmosphere but i dont want to.

I just feel that if i watched another team regularly, i would start to like them when i am supposed to be Canvey through and through. And that wouldn't sit with me very well.

Originally Posted By: Merv
Originally Posted By: It's Me
frenchy?

I'm still around but I don't use that alias any more (although I am still a moderator under that name).

My other alter-ego that I am tempted to bring back is Dr Zbungle. I had some real fun with that one until most of the people around me realised who it was. Me!

Matt still posts and, work permitting, is a big fan. But Ian now lives in the Caymen Islands after making his pile of dosh on the back of the work done mostly by Matt and myself. I understand he was asked to come back to put some money into the new Canvey FC but fears he will be arrested as soon as he returns to the UK. Don't fully understand the reasons why.

Hmmm wink

Back in the UK on Sunday laugh

I am sure I have an old pound note somewhere - but not sure it would help the club LOL