Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Season 86/87

Anyone out there remember when we won the Essex Senior league in 86/87?<BR>When I go to Park Lane I still find it hard to believe just how far we have come from the old corregated fenceing and a pitch that doubled as a potato field.<BR>The new home team changing rooms are bigger than the old 2 put together.<BR>Onwards and Upwards grin.gif" border="0

Ahh yes,I remember it well,players like Grant Lodge,Billy Heale,Terry Archer,Pricey in goal & Steve White up front,all great players in their time.I used to dream of us playing in the trophy, let alone winning it!!! Do you remember the old white floodlights down one side,& the only seat in the stand was the one on the tractor!!

I was 12 when we won the league that year and it was Jon Embery and I who used to play football in the top right hand corner during the game. The ball always got confiscated when it went on the pitch for about the fifth time. <BR>As much as I love to see (in footballing terms) how great the club has become it's good to remember how excited everyone got when the gate was over 150 people and the takens from the Kitchen were about £25, the club could keep going for a few more weeks on that. And not forgetting my all time favourite PAUL FOLEY, I later played along side him, johnny Hood and Bucky in the ressies. Other names from the ERA Cammy Laurie Howe, Ian Durrant and Brits from the first time round. I will never forget the look on some faces when he came in for the first time when he came back and there were all the NEW Canvey fans looking and pointing at our new star signing, when he came over ruffled my hair and said Alwight Will you've grown.