Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-August 17 )

• Photo
    teabar_ryan

• Photo
    dayo

• Photo
    blueryan

• Photo
    blueryan10

• Photo
    Brightside Bloke

• Photo
    misterbates

• Photo
    Blueboyday

• Photo
    margate blues

• Photo
    NI-Branch GCFC Fan

• Photo
    RyanDay0

• Photo
    Louca23

• Photo
    Billericay Town Unofficial

• Photo
    MK_Coach

Season 86/87

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
2 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Anyone out there remember when we won the Essex Senior league in 86/87?<BR>When I go to Park Lane I still find it hard to believe just how far we have come from the old corregated fenceing and a pitch that doubled as a potato field.<BR>The new home team changing rooms are bigger than the old 2 put together.<BR>Onwards and Upwards images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Ahh yes,I remember it well,players like Grant Lodge,Billy Heale,Terry Archer,Pricey in goal & Steve White up front,all great players in their time.I used to dream of us playing in the trophy, let alone winning it!!! Do you remember the old white floodlights down one side,& the only seat in the stand was the one on the tractor!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I was 12 when we won the league that year and it was Jon Embery and I who used to play football in the top right hand corner during the game. The ball always got confiscated when it went on the pitch for about the fifth time. <BR>As much as I love to see (in footballing terms) how great the club has become it's good to remember how excited everyone got when the gate was over 150 people and the takens from the Kitchen were about £25, the club could keep going for a few more weeks on that. And not forgetting my all time favourite PAUL FOLEY, I later played along side him, johnny Hood and Bucky in the ressies. Other names from the ERA Cammy Laurie Howe, Ian Durrant and Brits from the first time round. I will never forget the look on some faces when he came in for the first time when he came back and there were all the NEW Canvey fans looking and pointing at our new star signing, when he came over ruffled my hair and said Alwight Will you've grown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus