Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hendon 'Come on Down'

cangull

I thought the real difference today was that we missed Stimo in the middle. Also, I thought that just one of the forwards was lacking in bite (no names, no pack drill) but it was still a good result.<P>Once upon a time, to have lost two important players through injury (Bods and Stimo) would have meant a 4 - 0 defeat. We now have so much strength in depth that we can re-group and still get a result.<P>Roll on Tuesday.<P>Merv CIFC

true but when stimmo came off i would have switched tilson bk into midfield n bought cobby on .. i bet j.k. is gonna be sore tomorrow he got some great clumps...and wardys new version of the 'back' pass is something special!! straight off his shoulder blades and on to thier strikers right foot..can you teach greggors that trick for use up the other end wink.gif" border="0

Thanks for the comments chaps - only got one of the scorers correct. Looks like I may have been tripped up on the attendance too, never mind. How about some thoughts on next Saturdays game; Scoreline, scorers and attendance, someone kick it off, I am still considering my prediction on that one. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I had 3-1 Canvey, Duffy, Vaughan, Cobb the goal scorers, Stimmo injured, Bodley in an ambulance with a facial injury, and the 50/50 number but I couldn't get on the net to write it. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENING?

Looking at Vic's prediction again, I notice he put the attendance at 685. In fact it was only 522. Once again we have to ask, where are the fans? It should have been over 600 but it seems that the locals just don't want a successful Ryman Premier, FA Trophy winners and FA Cup fighters on their doorstep.<P>Once upon a time we said that the club was not publicity conscious enough, but that can't be true now, not with all the media attention we had last season. We also have the posters up around the town advertising the next home game.<P>Could it be anything to do with the cost of admission to Park Lane (with no consessions for a season ticket) or does the club management simply not 'court' the fans in an appropriate way? I know of several fans in my circle of friends who are simply picking and choosing the matches they go to watch because they don't feel valued by the club. Once upon a time those same blokes queued for a season ticket and made sure they never missed a game.<P>The Aldershot game lifts the Canvey average home attendance to 588 but if you ignore that one gate, the average drops to 480. The league avarage for Park Lane last season was 550.<P>Any thoughts?

Merv - To take your point refering to some people choosing their games; yes I know of someone who is doing just that. I spoke to him yesterday morning and enquired as to whether he would be going to the game, his answer was that he would not, because he stands on the principle of the season ticket fiasco. Having not puchased a season ticket this year, he said that on his present income he could not afford to go to every game at £8 a go; previously his season ticket was always his reason to attend 'come rain or shine'. frown.gif" border="0<P>I wonder how many more doing the same?<p>[ 23 September 2001: This message was edited by: vic ]

It wouldn't be fair to name names, but I am quite close to at least two 'dyed in the wool' Canvey fans who don't come as often as they used to. They have admitted that they know they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces (as the saying goes), but they are selecting their games and not coming along to Park Lane as often as they used to, simply to make their own, private protest at the treatment of fans. I also know of another fan who only goes to away matches!<P>I don't like being simply a spectator and so I have got very involved with the football club through the website. Because of this I have made a lot of friends at the club and I suppose I am now quite well known. I am lucky, I have a sense of 'belonging'. However, for Joe Public who simply comes into the ground, stands on his own and watches the footy, how does he get his sense of 'belonging'? Fans who 'belong' adopt a sense of loyalty and that loyalty is what makes them come back, week after week.<P>Because I've got to know people like Frances and Keith quite well, they always stop and chat to me (as well as other fans) when I am at the ground. My self-esteem rises because I feel that sense of belonging. I wonder what we as fans, plus some ot the clubs other officials, could do to make others share my sense of belonging - especially newcomers? <P>* Some clubs have a 'Chat with the Manager' session once per month. <BR>* Some clubs have their chairman or other official go round the bar before a game, greeting and welcoming fans (even away fans), <BR>* some clubs offer a discount to fans who stump up the cash for a season ticket at the start of the season.<P>At Canvey we now have a Commercial Manager and a Press Officer, perhaps we now need a Public Relations Manager. I truly believe that fans need to feel that they are worth more than than their £8 a week if they are to develop a sense of loyalty (or 'belonging') to the club.<P>Disagree or shoot me down - but let's discuss this one.<P>Merv (Will I regret putting my head above the parapet on this one?)<P>[ 23 September 2001: This message was edited by: Merv CIFC ]<p>[ 24 September 2001: This message was edited by: Merv CIFC ]

Merv<BR>I remember this being discussed pre season and we all got shot down and asked, no told, to drop the subject and like it and lump it!<BR>Thats the kind of attitude that drives away fans! as is being proven now!<BR>Speaking as one of those fans that just come and watch the game in the stands I have no objection in paying 8 quid, when I know that it will go back into the club and my sense of belonging comes from the love of football and being born and bred on Canvey Island and having such a great team to support!<BR>My personal opinion is loyal fans should be rewarded, we already charge more for gate entry then any other club which is fine but don't punish the fans with badly priced season tickets, thats a kick in the teeth in my view!<BR>Yes people like me will keep paying the price's I'm a C.I.F.C addict so can't help it but this will not bring in new fans! Your sentiments are exactly how alot of Fans feel I'm sure but after that last blasting we got about mentioning it from, (oops no names mentioned of course), most now shy away from the subject and now protest in a different way<BR>Your right in saying we need a PR man how about it Merv?? shocked.gif" border="0<BR>And Merv thats 16 quid a week if both games are at home Sat and Tues!<p>[ 23 September 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]

• 4 years later...