Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-October 17 )

• Photo
    oliPFC

• Photo
    walker1710

• Photo
    twopintstom

• Photo
    atlantis77

• Photo
    sting in the tail

• Photo
    haynab66

• Photo
    NEW BOY BLUE

Photo

So what happened...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
17 replies to this topic

offline britman

britman
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Arsenal, Cheshunt,
With Graeme and Ben leaving? Saw this on the Official Site.

Did they get an offer elsewhere?

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Ben just had enough , Graeme didn't think he could work with the new coach that our chairman is planning to bring in.

Or at least thats what I was told .

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
So much for him working hard to fix the problems!

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Is that directed at me in anyway??

If so, dont speculate to accumulate. We had our reasons for leaving, reasons of which fans dont really need to know all 100% detail. But if your getting told something else by people, then its up to you whether you take notice of them.

I know the reasons behind why I left were the right ones to do...so all Im saying is....it wasn't working. I will not say anymore than that, especially on a computer for everyone to see. I wish Enfield all the best for the future and always will do.

offline Silencer

Silencer
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Southend, West Ham & England
  • Fav. Player(s): Tubbsy, Mezza, Badds and Sealsey
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket, football is ruined nowadays
Very Kevin Keegan and Roy Keane-esq by Butler....when the going gets tough - do a runner!! :brille008:

Think the chubby Tubes looking fella is the one you need to out lads, what does he give you besdies filling up the water bottles?!? Very jumped up individual indeed, full of tasteless comments towards the opposition. Also I will never forget when he ran the line a couple of season ago and allowed a blatant offside goal (Enfield 1 Manor 0).

After watching yesterdays game, I think Manor were deserved winners in the end although not great themselves. It was all Southend second half though.

When you guys play Hughesey up top you look such a better side. Thought you lost an option when he was taken off.

Enjoy your Vase match at Cambridge, see you in February

offline syrup

syrup
  • Twitter

Ben just had enough , Graeme didn't think he could work with the new coach that our chairman is planning to bring in.

Or at least thats what I was told .

The reason Ben left was other commitments needed to take priority at the moment and Graeme left as he did not want to work with the other coach Kevin (not Steve) wanted to bring in, The other coach is only part time and would not have been taking his job. And both will be welcome to any of our games in the future.

As far as I know Tony that is what you were told

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Very Kevin Keegan and Roy Keane-esq by Butler....when the going gets tough - do a runner!! :brille008:

Think the chubby Tubes looking fella is the one you need to out lads, what does he give you besdies filling up the water bottles?!? Very jumped up individual indeed, full of tasteless comments towards the opposition. Also I will never forget when he ran the line a couple of season ago and allowed a blatant offside goal (Enfield 1 Manor 0).

After watching yesterdays game, I think Manor were deserved winners in the end although not great themselves. It was all Southend second half though.

When you guys play Hughesey up top you look such a better side. Thought you lost an option when he was taken off.

Enjoy your Vase match at Cambridge, see you in February

Thanks for you useless analysis as ever. Mate, you haven't got a clue what goes on, so just do everyone a favour. Shut the [****!!****] up and concentrate on your own team. What you know about football I could write on a post-it note.

offline Silencer

Silencer
Ouch, a Huge bite up......huge indeed.

It's all very well when the management of your club abuse honest but less techically blessed teams from your bench. This has happened numerous times in games that your team are winning over the past few seasons, amazing how it's a little different when the going gets tough.

Your knowledge is clearly not too sharp either old chap, you was a so called assistant manager recently booked during a match for almost coming to blows with his fellow centre half.

Maybe you could write that on your post it note.

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
You are a you class [censored]!! You would know all too well about biting. My knowledge of football mate is actaully far greater than you think. I aint big time at all, never have been, never intend to be, but the things I've done since I left school, only a handful of people are lucky enough to do. What other people do during a game is up to them, but I just try to pass across what Ive been taught in my short career and try to pass on things that I've learnt from people managing at the very top of the game at present. So as for knowledge of the game....you dont become a UEFA B coach at the age of 20 if your thick as [censored]....which you quite obviously are. Your standard is Southend Manor...always has been always will be.

What happened during that cup game was one of those things. At 24, trying to combine being an assistant manager whilst also trying to do a job in a Trophy game whereby I hadnt played a competitive game for alomst a year was hard. We had a disgreement but thats football. It happens, get over it. My post it note is a rather huge one due to your narrow mind, utter garbage comments and general nosyness on something that has nothing to do with you. So we would all be grateful if you keep your opinions of the beautiful game to people who enjoy listening to them.

offline russ

russ
graeme dont let people wind you up mate next time i see il ask you what happend you take care mate

russ

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Gentlemen , My comments last week have upset a section of the managment and I too have decided to quit the club until at least certain people have moved on .

I had an exchange of texts on saturday with a member of the managment I wasn't happy what he said and He certainly wasn't too pleased what I said , I wont publicly divulge all of it but part of it was that this is the worst Enfield side I have seen in my 36 years as a supporter .

Terry Back's boys had that dishonour a few years back but at least that was Ryman level 2 .

I walked away from it then and I feel my opinions and my pressence are not wanted right now, I have agreed with and repeated what supporters have said They pay their money They have a right to say what they feel . I have made the comment about players unavailability and the fact some just turn up and disappear as they like. I dont think thats an unfair statement . I feel that because I have been outspoken and am on a committee I have been singled out as somekind of trouble maker (what ever happened to freedom of speech here then ? )

I cannot put into words how dissappointed I am but feel its in the Interests of everybody that I join Graeme, Ben and Alfie and leave .

I would like to mention Respect to Steve ,Peter, Richard, Alan and Sharon in particular who work tirelessly week in and out both here and at the Downs.

I do sincerley hope things turn around , But with some of these players ............???

Russ please text me the scores I do still love the club just not certain people right now.

Mark , I stand corrected , fair enough on that.

offline britman

britman
  • Supports: Arsenal, Cheshunt,

Gentlemen , My comments last week have upset a section of the managment and I too have decided to quit the club until at least certain people have moved on .

I had an exchange of texts on saturday with a member of the managment I wasn't happy what he said and He certainly wasn't too pleased what I said , I wont publicly divulge all of it but part of it was that this is the worst Enfield side I have seen in my 36 years as a supporter .

Terry Back's boys had that dishonour a few years back but at least that was Ryman level 2 .

I walked away from it then and I feel my opinions and my pressence are not wanted right now, I have agreed with and repeated what supporters have said They pay their money They have a right to say what they feel . I have made the comment about players unavailability and the fact some just turn up and disappear as they like. I dont think thats an unfair statement . I feel that because I have been outspoken and am on a committee I have been singled out as somekind of trouble maker (what ever happened to freedom of speech here then ? )

I cannot put into words how dissappointed I am but feel its in the Interests of everybody that I join Graeme, Ben and Alfie and leave .

I would like to mention Respect to Steve ,Peter, Richard, Alan and Sharon in particular who work tirelessly week in and out both here and at the Downs.

I do sincerley hope things turn around , But with some of these players ............???

Russ please text me the scores I do still love the club just not certain people right now.

Well, sorry if I started all this rubbish. Just surprised as I thought Graeme is a decent bloke. Esp with all the help he try to do at Cheshunt.

offline Silencer

Silencer

You are a you class [censored]!!

Calm down mate...your ranting is starting to not even make sense (as above) :smilewinkgrin:

Just a bit of banter Graeme, it's not nice when it is aimed directly at you is it mate?? Members of the Enfield squad and management are the first people to be-little and wind up people (ecspecially the chubby water boy and your gaffer). I don't have a problem with you personally and neither do I have a problem with the fans and commitee folk of Enfield.....but also, I do not have a short memory.

Yes, Southend Manor and the ESL are perhaps a lesser standard than a club of Enfield's stature but it is a little harsh to attack someone (myself) and the club (Southend Manor) when you don not know too much yourself. You know be little indeed about me and that club. No Enfield league win in three visits to Southchurch I might add.

My problem is that when I have visited Enfield with weakened Southend Manor sides in the past (on two occasions with just one sub) and despite putting up a decent fight, we went down with 20 minutes of the game remaining. Your bench were shouting obscene gestures, heckling mistakes, making ole remarks and frankly just lording it up and larging it up....that is my problem and that is the problem why a lot of people who have not taken to Enfield since they joined the ESL (Which is clearly below them) 3 years ago. Another problem was calling off a league match at 3.30pm due to a waterlogged pitch but despite the ongoing downpours saying that the pitch would be ok the next evening?!?!

Whatever level of football, the bench thing is disrespectful and as far as I am concerned thats something that just should'nt happen. That is why others take joy in seeing people struggle.

Congratulations on your certificates, I have never doubted this but what do they mean in terms of man management of a side, but if you are really 24 (Couple of up-hill paper rounds me thinks) then that will come in time and with experience mate.

Thanks for the bite, no need for you to make it personal against me but I trust that the above helps explain some peoples (numerous ESL people Trenks, CRFC Boss etc) gripe with the 'arrogant' attitude of certain Enfield management in the past.

Up the Manor and good luck in what you do next football wise

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !
Amen !

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI

Topgun..For what its worth you have my sympathy and support on this issue..I feel you were perfectly correct in voicing an opinion on (from what i am hear) was a totally unacceptable performance and unacceptable level of player commitment..etc.

I just hate the name 'Enfield' being dragged through the mud and diminished again with results such as losing 0-5 to Bethnal Green.I felt the same when EFC lost 0-7 a few seasons back.Its gone on for far too long now.

I know you have respect for the current board.(and i've no doubt they are honest hard working individuals) But i still feel their actions in trying to carry on as the once great club over the last decade has gone a long way to wipe out all the years or success and respect that the name Enfield Fc had in non league circles and in the country as a whole.And i also feel they are partly responsable for where you find yourself today.Having to walk away from your third 'Enfield' club.You felt you had to walk from ETFC (a club that would probably not now need to exist without Steve and Co).Now you have to walk away from 1893 .Another club that would not need to exist without Steve and Co.

We would have all been looking forward to watching a proper and reformed EFC in a new stadium next year (and probably already in a much higher league),if the EFC fans voices had been listened to in 2001.

Good luck Tony..I hope you don't sever all ties with 1893,and maybe one day (probably many years in the future) we might all be standing on the same terraces all supporting the same club again.

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Calm down mate...your ranting is starting to not even make sense (as above) :smilewinkgrin:

Just a bit of banter Graeme, it's not nice when it is aimed directly at you is it mate?? Members of the Enfield squad and management are the first people to be-little and wind up people (ecspecially the chubby water boy and your gaffer). I don't have a problem with you personally and neither do I have a problem with the fans and commitee folk of Enfield.....but also, I do not have a short memory.

Yes, Southend Manor and the ESL are perhaps a lesser standard than a club of Enfield's stature but it is a little harsh to attack someone (myself) and the club (Southend Manor) when you don not know too much yourself. You know be little indeed about me and that club. No Enfield league win in three visits to Southchurch I might add.

My problem is that when I have visited Enfield with weakened Southend Manor sides in the past (on two occasions with just one sub) and despite putting up a decent fight, we went down with 20 minutes of the game remaining. Your bench were shouting obscene gestures, heckling mistakes, making ole remarks and frankly just lording it up and larging it up....that is my problem and that is the problem why a lot of people who have not taken to Enfield since they joined the ESL (Which is clearly below them) 3 years ago. Another problem was calling off a league match at 3.30pm due to a waterlogged pitch but despite the ongoing downpours saying that the pitch would be ok the next evening?!?!

Whatever level of football, the bench thing is disrespectful and as far as I am concerned thats something that just should'nt happen. That is why others take joy in seeing people struggle.

Congratulations on your certificates, I have never doubted this but what do they mean in terms of man management of a side, but if you are really 24 (Couple of up-hill paper rounds me thinks) then that will come in time and with experience mate.

Thanks for the bite, no need for you to make it personal against me but I trust that the above helps explain some peoples (numerous ESL people Trenks, CRFC Boss etc) gripe with the 'arrogant' attitude of certain Enfield management in the past.

JJ, at first I thought it was a personal thing directed straight to me, which is why I had to stand up for myself and 'bite' back as only a select few know the reasons behind us leaving. Your reply above is one I accept and am willing to just throw it under the bed as, as far as Im concerned, its all done and dusted. I have my reasons and if anyone asks, I shall give them. But not on a public computer forum!! ;-) I am happy doing what Im doing on a Saturday afternoon now and am willing to make use of the spare time I have on my hands now!! Good luck for the rest of the season and admitidly....our record at your gaff ain't the greatest...just like away to Burnham!!

TopGun, that is disappointing to hear mate. As well as all the hard work you do off the pitch for the club, which doesn't go unnoticed, your match reports were always good to read and so in depth. Good luck in whatever you decide to do and maybe one day will bump into you again at a ground somewhere!! Take care Tone.

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator

JJ, at first I thought it was a personal thing directed straight to me, which is why I had to stand up for myself and 'bite' back as only a select few know the reasons behind us leaving. Your reply above is one I accept and am willing to just throw it under the bed as, as far as Im concerned, its all done and dusted. I have my reasons and if anyone asks, I shall give them. But not on a public computer forum!! ;-) I am happy doing what Im doing on a Saturday afternoon now and am willing to make use of the spare time I have on my hands now!! Good luck for the rest of the season and admitidly....our record at your gaff ain't the greatest...just like away to Burnham!!

TopGun, that is disappointing to hear mate. As well as all the hard work you do off the pitch for the club, which doesn't go unnoticed, your match reports were always good to read and so in depth. Good luck in whatever you decide to do and maybe one day will bump into you again at a ground somewhere!! Take care Tone.

Graeme

best of luck in your next venture - and thans on behalf of the fans for all your hard work.
i missed the sawbo game so didnt know about all the goings on until saturday.
hopefully it will all work itself out.
best wishes

offline G124 EME

G124 EME
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Graeme

best of luck in your next venture - and thans on behalf of the fans for all your hard work.
i missed the sawbo game so didnt know about all the goings on until saturday.
hopefully it will all work itself out.
best wishes

Sir Garfield, thanks very much mate, that was nice to read. I loved my time at the club both as a player and as a coach/assistant manager. I will pop over to a game in the short term future because I do still look out for your results and often text Mark and find out how its going. So just introduce yourself and I'm sure we can have a natter!! The reason given for me not being able to work with the new guy has NOTHING to do with why I left...just so you know!!!!!! I am just happy to have more time on my hands now to do what I want to do and when I want to do it. I dont have to worry about travelling the length and breath of Essex for 90 mins of moaning at refs!!!!! I lok forward to seeing you again soon and good luck for the rest of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus