Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jeff King - Non-League Manager of the Year

Merv

Congratulations to Jeff from all the fans, but especially from the team at Canveyfc.com on being named as the Non-League Manager of the Year 2000/2001.<P>What a season.<BR>What a team.<BR>What a manager.<P>Merv

No, still here Vic. Enjoying reading all the other fans from various clubs making complete prats of themselves with their 'We are Champions' - 'We've won it already' - 'We're gonna beat Canvey' predictions. I think the Canvey restraint on the subject is just about right. We know we've got the team, we've certainly got the manager (proof today) but we also know that things can go pear-shaped.<P>Remember; softly, softly catchy monkey wink.gif" border="0 <P>Merv

Surely you should be pleased that everyone (except BIllericay Town FC) uses your team as a bentch mark for success?<P>I mean, Carjam, Iron Knob et al, coming on this site and giving it large to Canvey are only making it clear that your team IS the team to beat.<P>My money is still on Aldershot but as all ready said on another message.... It'll be close.<P>Oh and well done to Kingy.

morning gazza.. i dont think anyone is using canvey as a benchmark..its just a case of different teams being in top spot n everyone enjoying it..even your boys had a couple of weeks of fun at everyones expense..there will be 4/5 teams in it come xmas and even then being 10 /15 points off the pace means nothing if a good run can be put together

I'm afraid I disagree.<P>I think the team that has been built up and the success your team have had in the past two years has led to certain teams using Canvey as a benchmark. I think that is quite natural, especially, again, with your success.<P>The reason I didn't put Billericay down in that category is that, even though we acknowledge your success (and maybe a bit envious) we are such close rivals.