Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thread on Confguide

Whilst not wanting to upset people on this board, why are we so paranoid.

We need this forum open to everyone, and this includes passing by visiting fans.

If we have assholes who post, they will soon go away if ignored, if they don't ban the assholes. ( Sorry to say we mainly encourage them by biting everytime )

We are turning into a secular bunch, at a time when personally we should be looking wider.

Lets open up the forum again.

I think we should open us this forum more and have the banter but use the select forum for purely fleet matters.I do appreiciate that being a moderator is difficult because if they open up this forum it's going to mean they'll have to see more posts and delete offensive one's etc but i see wobbly's point that expansion is good.

Then maybe that would be the time to ban certain IP addresses...

I do get annoyed with people who have a go at the moderators(and particulary DH for some reason),they're not getting paid for this and are doing it for the club,if the moaners are so annoyed they should set up their own board.

Quote:
I do get annoyed with people who have a go at the moderators(and particulary DH for some reason),they're not getting paid for this and are doing it for the club,if the moaners are so annoyed they should set up their own board.

Sorry but we are biting again, even before the moaners or unregistered users have done anything.

calm down, be positive , and stop being so reactionary.

Not everyone is going to agree with your point of view, and not everyone likes each other.

But if they have managed to find this forum, they must having more than a slight interest in the Fleet, or non league footie in general.

I really couldn't care less if people, come on here and have a go at the moderators ( but then again I am not one ) , at least they are expressing an opinion and are bothering to look at whats going on in the Fleet world.

What bothers me is the thousands in the borough, that don't even know that the forum ( or a serious footie club ) exists.

Lets not be so paranoid, and lets think of the bright future in front of us.

Up the Fleet , we are on the up, and no one can stop us ...

But as it stands i think the bookmakers are right to make us one of the relegation certs for this season. We havent really done anything so far in the close season. The collective group of players who have left are stronger than those who have come in. We need to improve the squad quickly. I hope Andy is back off his hols soon to make some signings.

It's not so much attacks at moderators that bothered me (hell, I can take more or less anything lol), the problem came from unregistered users using the forum to launch personal attacks on people.

We catch some of the posts, but we can't always be on here and some of these posts slip through.

After several private messages asking me to do something about the situation, I contacted the other moderators and the only thing that we could think to do was to change the forum so as to not allow posts from people who were unregistered.

But if you all want it to go back to how it was, it's easily done.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is. There are many forums like this that you have to join before posting. you can turn up unregistered, take a look at what we all have to say, and if you have an opinion on what's being said, you can join up , it takes minutes.

We know that other teams supporters come on here and join up, we see them here all the time, so why shouldn't everyone? but hey that's just my opinion

On the face of it we could be relegation favorites. Anyway people have to make predictions and you can't blame them.

This is what we want, adopt a siege mentaility of them against us, a low opinion of our chances from the other clubs gives the Fleet players and fans the incentive and minerals to fight for the cause and stay in the conference.

I welcome our lowly prediction as it gives us exposure and potential praise if we mange to upset form and beat the bigger teams.

Lets not get churlish about a bit of banter.

It's all good on paper to say about banning IP addresses but there is a slight problem doing that.

Most of the larger ISPs such as AOL don't give each user their own IP address, they just recycle the next available one in the list to the person who wants to connect next. This means that you might ban someone on one IP only to find they can come back just by disconnecting and reconnecting.