Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What Do We Go For This Year?

Phil Old Boy

With the success of our cup runs last year, I hope the decision has been made already as to what the main priority is this year. Braintree have done what Farnborough did last year and got knocked out of the F.A. cup early. They are now focused on the league and now find themselves at the top. Although we would not want to swap our fantastic days out last year, to be in the conference must be the main target this year. Personally, a good F.A. cup run would be great this year, but everything else must come after winning the title, even the trophy.

Hope you don't mind me popping on your board for a comment?<P>But just to quote the great Shanks - the league is your bread and butter the rest is your jam on it(or something like that as he spoke with a heavy scottish accent most of the time!!<P>And talking of Scotland (nice link) I have just two brilliant days in Edinburgh on a seminar with a great set of Celtic fans who didn't even mind being in the wrong city - they knew all about Canvey Island and your cup exploits and many pints later they knew all I knew about Braintree - I don't expect that information to be retained as they were pissed as newts!<P>And at last freedom to travel north knowing you can now find KronB68 in volumes!! cool.gif" border="0

Cheeers for the welcome!!<P>I'm pleased to say that Craigs doing really OK! he's settled in well but like some other players has had to accept tactical substitutions - not my words - the managers'!<P>The board seems really "busy" can't imaione trying to negotiatet this on a token load of beers!! I completely lost your board but no doubt it will all work out<P>Regards<P>Irony wink.gif" border="0

to be honest i thought he left for regular first team footy (as J.K. at canvey was making 45 games a year).. i wish he had stayed as we rely on J.K. and duffers to play nearly every game with not much cover there, but as those 2 guys seem indestructible i guess he felt he had to move on.. but back to first line i really thought he was gauranteed a starting place confused.gif" border="0

Remember the feeling as Chenery scored THAT goal? Remember JK's run in the last minute to make it certain? Remember the Tilly waiting for everyone to get on the stage to lift the trophy as a team? I think that the league has to be won early on, so we can retain the biggest prize in the non-league game. I know that was then but it could be again.........