Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attention Jim and Stu M

Jim, the Club are almost out of Season Ticket flyers, any chance of some more please.

Stu M, any progress of the poster with all fixtures.

Have some feedback re pubs wishing to put them up.

Maybe if you can get them done. Jim maybe able to help with printing.

Jessica

Tomorrow's my day off so I'll drop a couple of thousand flyers into the Club then. I'm hoping they might put some in the programmes for the pre-season friendlies etc.

Posters and flyers were also sent to the 60 odd pubs in the area. As you say, it looks like some have replied (I know Ryan's Bar have put them up!) - so at least the Club knows what pubs to target in the future with posters etc. No point sending posters to pubs that arnt interested - its a costly business!

If the Club Office havn't already drawn up a list of what pubs

are willing to display posters - I can do it and publish the info. on here so everybody who is sending posters out knows which pubs to target.

If you want a hand with printing posters/distributing them I'm happy to help.

Was also thinking of asking the club if it would be ok to put some leaflet holders up, where the posters went last season by the old clock. People can then help themselves to forms for the Supporters Trust and Season Ticket Applications

if they are interested.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks both of you.

Stu can you liaise with Jim re posters and printing then,

Jim have alerted Cheryl (not Madge) re you going in tomorrow. Yes some pubs have responded re your note and have agreed/asked for further info. hence the original query to Stu M.

If you are happy to take this on re dispensers. posters. leaflets etc.

Then the Trust will be more than pleased .

As they say one volunteer is better than ten pressed men.

If you need any info. help/ cash etc please get in touch.

Many thanks again to you both

If you need to ring me I am on 01634 201026 (Home number) usually after 5.30pm

Unfortunately half the problem is pursuading the businesses to display the leaflets etc. on their premises.

The smaller businesses in the area are generally more than happy to help.

However, many of the larger business (without naming names) seem to have strict advertising rules, which means they are not allowed/prepared/interested in displaying the flyers on their premises.

As the train stations fall into this "larger business" category I'd be surprised if they would go for it. Nevertheless its a good idea and I'll ask at Gravesend Station tomorrow. Cheers.

Regarding the printing, I know the Reporter are covering some costs - or at least they were last time I contacted them. Quite what this amounts to in terms of numbers printed, etc, I'm not quite sure yet, but will endeavour to find out next week.

Jessica

Additional flyers left with Margaret in the Office.

Much to my surprise, the Station Manager agreed to display the flyers at Gravesend Train Station. They are on both the "up and downside" of the station and in the Cafe.

Gravesend Library were initially reluctant to display them as they only support non-profit organisiations but when I explained the Club's deficit last season they seemed strangely happy to take them!

Feedback from the pubs not so great I'm afraid. Out of close to 60 pubs - only 9 have so far replied confirming they are happy to display future posters. Still a lot the parcels (40 odd) were only sent out last Tuesday so maybe a few more will reply.

The pubs so far that have confirmed they are happy to display posters in the future are:

a) The Six bells

B) The Trocedero

c) Coopers Arms

d) Darnley Arms

e) Wheatsheaf

f) The Grapes

g) Ryans Bar

h) The Prince Albert

i) Man of Kent

Not quite certain where Stu M. is going to send the millions of fixture posters though if this is the only positive feedback from all the pubs in G&N though frown.gif

I will put one in the cricket club (gravesend), at weekends there are plenty of people to be found drinking after the games. Week beginning August 3rd is our cricket week, where we have matches each day, culminating in big nights at the end of the week attracting over 100, ideal place to put a poster or 2 and finishing the weekend of our first fiture! great timing. If somebody could send a few to the ground or just pop in (behind bat and ball) they will put them up. I will be there tonight if somebody brings some along.

Excellent work so far. I thin re the pubs perhaps we make sure everyone has the list of pubs willing to help and make sure the one they go in either helps, or lose the trade.

Some good idea's coming up, but chaps/ladies we cannot expect one or two people to tour the whole Town.

Perhaps some of you could help out with this.

Will leave to Jim to say whether he wants this or not.

Jessica

Without wishing to "pass the buck" they are Stu M.'s posters so I think its best that Stu M. should take the lead on this project.

My resources in terms of time and money (following the Season Ticket flyers/new house etc) are a little stretched at the mo. Over to you Stu M. wink.gif

However, I'm happy to do any of the following:

a) print out a 100 or so posters for Stu M. if he wishes.

B) print out some extra posters and leave them with the club

so people can collect them from there.

c) Publish the final list of pubs on here that will display

posters once we have given pubs sufficient time to reply -

another week should do it.

d) Send posters out to the pubs that have agreed to

display posters. This would have to be done via post in

postal tubes to save time.

Regarding other forms of distribution:

a) If people wish to go round other pubs/train stations etc.

with posters then thats down to them.

B) Maybe the Club sponsors could be targetted with fixture

posters - if not as many pubs as perhaps hoped are

willing to display posters.

c) If Stu M. isnt going to include the pre-season fixtures

on the posters (as friendlies arnt generally as popular as

the real thing!) then perhaps we could put a few signs up

at the turnstiles for the pre-season matches asking people

if they can get a fixture poster displayed at:

* work

* School

* Clubs and Shops etc.

If they can then ask them to pick-up a poster or 2 from

the Club Shop/Office during the pre-season friendlies.

How does this all sound?

Quite a few people on here grumble about the Club not doing enough to promote itself - well here's your chance to help out and make a difference. blush.gif

Last time I spoke to the manager concerned, he was willing to allow posters to be displayed at railway stations in his area (which covers from Stone Crossing to Higham.)

I'll try and sort out a collection of some posters but I have had a lot going on lately so it may have to wait until the friendlies start.....

Totally agree Jim, no thought of you buck passing, you have done so much already.

The posters that Stu M was sorting with the Gravesend Reporter are a seperate issue, and agree totally that Stu M will see that through.

My thought was that with everyone coming up with places for things to be put, was great, but they have to do a bit of leg work themselves and get them posted.

Am at the ground tomorrow, will discuss and see if we can make them available to be picked up.

Having said that, the last time I posted that they were available, when we were promoting the Trust I was not exactly killed in the rush.

And most of the posters that were put up, were done by you either physically or posting them, or by Chris, or myself.

Come on you lot, if your landlord is not one of those who has already shown an interest talk to him/her.

If you have an idea, like a Station, other sports club etc. get a poster and ask them to put it up.

It all about making people aware of :

A. The coming fixtures.

B The fact the GNFC wants to attract more supporters.

c More Membership for Season tickets, supporters trust etc.

I think the idea of some posters, flyers at the turnstiles is excellent, again will chat this weekend and see what we can arrange.

Cheers Jim.