Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Apathy?!?!

.Ian

Hi,<P>There seems to be a lot of apathy at the moment at Park Lane.<P>At the Maidehead game the home supporters were out sung by 8 away fans. The drums have not been seen or heard of this season - and we are top of the league!<P>WHY???<P>Apart from Fred, with his bugle we hardly make any noise now - especially at home.<P>What is the answer?<P>How can we get the noise going - why can we not generate it?<P>There is probbaly not any easy answer, but with a home F.A. Cup game on Saturday it concerns me, that once again we will be outsung by the away fans. frown.gif" border="0<P>Your thoughts...

it is a bit ian i agree..seems like a victory is expected and no one is to bothered unless we score 5!.. still grays away and braintree at home are big games coming up and should generate some excitement.. and we have a good december lined up.... put a sign on the bus shelter saying loud drunken oafs only.. that will help

Perhaps Ian, if you left the comfort of the press-box with the central heating, the G&Ts, the smoked salmon sandwiches and joined us lowly mortals on the terrace, you could join in with the singing and help to create the atmosphere that seems to be lacking.<P>Calling on the plebs from your ivory tower to create the noise that you crave needs leadership from the front.<P>I really respect that bloke Merv. In spite of his intelligence, his intellect and obvious breeding, he gets in there with the mob and sings, chants and generally makes a noise. If only you could be more like him.<p>[ 26 October 2001: This message was edited by: Frenchy ]

Thanks for the compliments, Frenchy. But don't be too hard on Ian. The central heating doesn't always work in the press box and sometimes there are no smoked salmon sandwiches, just roast potatoes frown.gif" border="0 <P>But there is a point here, isn't there? Why are so many Canvey fans less than excited about The Club in general - not the team? Perhaps some of them are feeling that they are not being treated in a way they ought to be. Numerous other threads on this board have mentioned this.<P>The occasional 'special offer' (as suggested above, plus 'Bring a Kid for a Quid') would do wonders on the terrace. The idea of a Happy Hour in the bar from 1:00 - 2:00 has also been suggested. Anything that says to the fans, "Thanks, you are important."<P>Can't wait for tomorrow - with or without Ian's singing.<P>Merv<p>[ 26 October 2001: This message was edited by: Merv CIFC ]

Why is it, I get the feeling that if Ian is going to sing, then either he would be best left in the press box with the P.A system turned off of course. Further to that,I fear that should he begin to sing on the terraces, then I can foresee a mass exodus from the terraces into the press box.<BR>Then again Merv - Ian's portrait as seen on a previous thread, could be mistaken for one of the Tenors! wink.gif" border="0

Andy - I have read that message of yours a number of times now and still dont't know how to take it? there may be a compliment within or am I being thick and the Pi** is being extracted? frown.gif" border="0 <BR>Until confirmation, I will accept it on the compliment side and remind you that carpenters have held some very important positions in life. + <BR> <BR> wink.gif" border="0

I really think having some kind of mascot it the answer to warming the supporters up.<BR>It would also be a bit of fun for the kids!<BR>In anycase we should all sing a little louder as I know the Team really appreciate it!!!<BR>Come on guys and gulls Wigan here we come..