Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Training

I went to the first session at Axton Cjase last night and attending were Matt Lee, Francis Duku, Steve Mckimm,Rob Owen,Jimmy Strouts, Adrian Pennock, Lee Turner( New Keeper)

Liam Hatch,Louie Evans, Kevin Budge,Robin Trott,Aidren Pinnock,Hogg,and a few trialist, one from Margate Shrearer I think I heard him called and Pat Grindley from QPR.

The Reporter today confirms that Shearer is a player Andy has been looking at for some time. Grindley is actually Gradley according to the Reporter and he apparently appeared for the reserves last season.

The Reporter also says Andrew Drury of Sittingbourne will be trialling with us, although he would cost a small fee as he is under 24. He has had trials at various clubs including Chelsea, Derby and Bournemouth, and is looking to make a step up, either with us or with a league club.

Apparently we now have 17 players signed up and Andy wants to add 2 or 3 more.

Totally agree with you,can't wait for the friendly's to see how good some of are signing's are!The defence has been improved,which,no offence to any of the defence last season,was one of our weak points,and we were one of the highest scoring teams last year...so with an improved defence and,admitidly,a slightly weakened strike force,we should do well!

Lets not get over confident, yes the defence looks good but:

1) Who will score our midfield goals? Jacko and Benners were our most likely goalscoring outlets towards the end of last season.

2) Still no strikers signed and have we got any trialing with us. I dont know if this QPR man is..

I reserve a lot of judgement although i like the fact we have got Drury trialing.

Also thanks to Alan W for the Reporters comments. I dont live in Gravesend so its nice to hear what they have to say.

but i'm a football fan...i need to be overconfident!That's halp the fun!

1)Tos can score...and although he didn't score many at kingstonian i reckon that Pinnock could knock a few in!

2)We have liam who i think can be a very good striker if he stays injury free..i think Budge is showing some promise,maybe if he scores a couple he could score loads..i don't think Evans is up to it(though most people tend to disagree with me).I would still like to see a new attacker though!

Midfield by the looks of the qpr website..I also hear we were after signing Steve Heffer but he opted for Thurrock. Why were we trying to sign him? He plays in a position where we already have cover in Mckimm and Strouts. Are we just trying to sign anyone who is available?

Looking at that last picture of Jimmy, the Daggers squad seems to have dramatically shrunk! lol.

And is the person in the back of the second having some kind of difficulty lifting themself out of the car? lol.

I have a feeling Pinnock's gonna turn out good for us. A lot of people seem to be underestimating him. Ok maybe he won't be another Benno but I think he'll do the job for us.