Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Quiz Poser....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Am i correct in assuming that if we signed Lee Shearer we'd have a quartet of summer signings in

Trott, Pinnock, Hogg, Shearer
Who despite having conference experience have all played in teams that have been relegated from the conference?

offline Jessica

Jessica
Matt are you really trying to spoil my day!!

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Robin Trott wasn't at Welling when they went down, he has been at Stevenage for (I think) six years.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Havent you got anything better to do with your time, Matt??

offline JimGNFC

JimGNFC
I'm fairly encouraged by the signings so far.

Last season we conceded too many goals and the season we won promotion to the Conference and even before this, the clubs success was based around a solid defence.

For me, Andy is working along the same principle this time round i.e. a solid defence as witnessed by "Wilkerson and Duku" re-signing. Then you have Trott, Shearer and Pennock vying for central berths. On the wings - I'd expect a fit Sturgess to push Skinner for the left back spot and then Matt Lee on the right. So is it 5-3-2 next season - at least away from home?

As for the other 2 new boys - Hogg and Pinnock - they have a hard act to follow in that their predecessors were two of our better players. So is it a "fear of the unknown" that concerns us?

If so - how many people were aware of the talents of Mark Bentley at the start of last season? Pinnock appears to be highly regarded by the Kingstonian fans so can we not have a little more enthusiansm please!!!

All we need is that 20 goals a season hitman and you can suddenly see the jigsaw coming together.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
.....how many people were aware of the talents of Mark Bentley at the start of last season?

Erm.....to a certain extent, because of his tendency to get injured, he was a bit of a gamble.

Roll on the start of the season - I'm sure there are a few signings to come between now and then!

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
Quote:
Havent you got anything better to do with your time, Matt??

Life can get very boring at work Alan !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus