Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Same Ol' Debate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I know this one was rattled around for ages last campaign, but I have just been well shocked. I have looked on NLOTN attendance stats and see that Billercay are 2nd placed with a higher average gate than the mighty YELLOWS. The shock came in the fact that they've managed to pull in an extra 24% average gate this year over last - whereas we have only got another 3%. I just can't beleive all the publicity from last year, and the success so far this year hasn't motivated Island Folk.<P>ONCE AGAIN - What can be done ?? Is it pricing alone thats keeping people away ?<BR>(More posters, local pub involvement etc etc)<P>There, thats that off my chest. Look forward to another lowly gate Saturday week.<P>SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
I read of an idea in a Harrow programme called 'bring a friend day' or something. What you did was get everybody to bring one extra person with them to a particular match, preferably someone who hadn't been to see the team play before. The idea was that at least some of them would become regulars, or at least semi-regular supporters. I've no idea if it worked or not, but I know through my own experience that a lot of people will go to a few extra games each season if you ask them along and show enthusiasm.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
I see that Southend ran an Essex girl day last saturday, but I'm not sure whether it actually increased the attendance.<p>Still full marks for originality images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Something we have suggested to the powers that be on many a previous occassion is a 'Dad n Lad' ticket. Now I find out that West Ham are offering kids tickets for a pound a pop at certain games (you know, the smaller ones like Man U, Leeds, Liverpool - those sort of meetings)<p>If a Carling Premiership club can do it why can't a Ryman Premiership club do it ?

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
We run a Kids for a Quid scheme for about 5 or 6 matches a season, and it seems to be succesful.<p>We also have a "Junior Fleet" scheme whereby £10 membership gets you a bunch of goodies which includes half-price admission to all league matches and a couple of free tickets thrown in for Dad.<p>If you are interested, you can find details on the
Junior Fleet Page

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
i doubt the credibility of cup game attendances...something to do with sharing half the money out i believe images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Canvey are fiddling their gates images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0 <p>Surely not images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
PAH.. sue me if you can .. my legal representatives can get me out of anything.. cant you merv n vic????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus